RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what this part number would be? I've searched U-nut, spring nut, clip nut. This is for one of the bolts on the aluminum plate (engine undershield, formal) with the M10 x 25mm bolts. One of the clips broke off that holds the square nut in place. I have really been looking for over an hour and can't find anything (I try to search extensively before taking up forum time). Any guidance would be appreciated.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,405 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is a cage nut and the square nut in there is loose. It is fairly large, I believe there are 2-4 of them at the front of the plate. I found a BMW one that may work, but you can tell it isn't exact so I don't know if it will fit
BMW 31106779393

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sometimes a small part like this , just order at the dealership.
When I got my 2016 RRS auto last year ,I gave it an oil change at 35k. I had to use an Airgun to remove these 10 bolts
on the plate and broke 2 of these Clipnuts. Stripped or Frozen had to cut 1 off with Sawzall. like it was never removed and found leaves and sand up on the plate.
Wondering how they did oil changes?? And then BAM the dealship said they suck the oil out from the fill pipe and
never go under the vehicle and remove that plate anymore. ( filter on top). So I haven't got new clipnuts yet the 8
heavyduty bolt are fine. So goodluck to people removing that plate after 3,4,5 years down the road.
I got the Vacuum pump and believe or not it gets it all out (all 8L or 8.5 qts) unless you were low o OIL.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I searched chimney nut and it's a long cylindrical type of nut; that won't work for the plate as this has to be clipped on to as surface above the plate to stay in place for installation.

And right.. I wasn't even thinking about the vacuum pump method either! I'm still changing my oil the old school way, which is how I found out the clip was broken. Unbelievable dipsticks are a thing of the past just like that. I'll try the counter at the dealer. I just have a feeling they aren't going to be able to find the part either since it's not listed with the plate in any of the schematics. I already emailed them and of course, received no reply.

I appreciate everyone's input and trying to help, thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts