RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I'm liking the new side vent :-( might install my original back. The cool thing is it's very easy to swap them out.

Enjoy your ride fellas :thumb:

Thanks,
Mike

Original side vent

Inside the garage

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think you should go back to the original HSE vents. :thumb: She looks good though! love those oversized stormers!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Both vent looks good on the vehicle but I prefer the HSE ones. Great pics again btw.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
You should defo take up Photography for a living. Your pictures are amazing and look magazine (layered) quality.

Keep the S/C vents they match the Stormer Wheel look. If you keep the standard vents by the same argument you should have standard wheels/everything....

Either way its a REALLY nice car and your a genius at keeping it clean and taking photos my man :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks :) I do like both vents. One thing I did notice is that the intake is louder on the HSE vent with the small holes on the side and has more pronounce sound than the S/C side vents which is pretty open :)

Gazellio - Thanks bud :thumb: LOL yes, it would be nice :) I just like to share some of the pics of the RR and enjoying every minute of it. It's my 3rd one from the last of the old Dinosaur Disco 2004 with CDL - Zambezi Silver to 2006 RRS rear locking diff - Chawton white and now back to 2005 RR Zambezi Silver and no locking diff :-( LOL Anyway, I do offroad these trucks as well off the beaten path :) Hoping next shots will be some action pics of the FFRR. Of course not these wheels but they are only an impact wrench away for me to install my oem tires :) But for now, I'm enjoying her LA urban look for now lol `)

Nice truck too btw :thumb: Love the new wheels!

Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like the look of the S/C vents more. What about your front grill? Are you going to change that as well?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Good looking ride.

I like the new side vents but not with the old grille. IMO if you're going with the S/C side vents you need the S/C grille. They are a matched set.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
remington said:
Good looking ride.

I like the new side vents but not with the old grille. IMO if you're going with the S/C side vents you need the S/C grille. They are a matched set.

Thanks :thumb: my thought's exactly. I like them both as well and prefer the HSE vents. It's funny how I got the SC vent to begin with when I went to the dealer (Hornburg Los Angeles) and got my the black LR logos for the front and back. I saw the SC vent on display and asked how much? Sales guy says it was used well from an 09 that a lady just bought and much prefer the HSE vents and grille. Well cut the long story short I got it for 100 bucks for both sides :) and figure might as well give it a go and see how it will look on the truck `)

Here's a shot of it showing both the old grill and new vent.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Its crying out for the S/C front grille with those wheels & vents .....

Now listen up because here's the plan:

Summer: 22" Stormers/Summer Tyres plus S/C Grille & Vents.

Winter: 19" OEM Wheels/Winter Tyres plus HSE Grille & Vents.

Two cars for the price of one :dance: :lol: :clap:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gazellio said:

LOL :) I like it! Problem is it's always summer here in Cali `) except this coming Wed/Thurs rain :-(at least I will not be shittin' in my pants this time unlike when I drove the vette in the rain :lol:

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Nice work Mike.
I have always like the Stormer wheels, and the side gills match well. It also looks like your a Ham, and drive a Vette. You must be my SOCAL twin. Silver RR, Vette (mines Red 01 Z06) and Radio goodies...

By the way we are going to get around 2' of snow, if you can trust the weathertainment folks.

Mark.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Moto One said:
Nice work Mike.
I have always like the Stormer wheels, and the side gills match well. It also looks like your a Ham, and drive a Vette. You must be my SOCAL twin. Silver RR, Vette (mines Red 01 Z06) and Radio goodies...

By the way we are going to get around 2' of snow, if you can trust the weathertainment folks.

Mark.

Thanks Mark :) I guess we are twins :thumb: VELOCITY YELLOW for me 06 C6

Oh yeah, I will be transferring my all mode transceiver radio/antenna on the FFRR. I'm using an ICOM 7000.

Installed on the RRS

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Pokerplayer said:
Gazellio said:

LOL :) I like it! Problem is it's always summer here in Cali `) except this coming Wed/Thurs rain :-(at least I will not be shittin' in my pants this time unlike when I drove the vette in the rain :lol:

Mike
Stick the Winter kit on and drive up to Tahoe then........ :lol:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Gazellio said:

Thanks for that idea! I think I am going to follow it. The only thing is, which HSE vents to use? I can't decide if the 3 fins look better or the 2 fins do...Any opinions?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts