RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 rr -my parktronic doesn t work after unplugging 2 sensors to remove the road bars. how do i repair this

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
2013-2015 Range Rover Evoque
381 Posts
These might be obivious, but I don't have this feature on mine!
Have you checked the connectors are: a) Dry, try spraying with electronic contact cleaner.
b) Correctly made - don't know what they look like but are they single or multiple plugs that need to have the correct polarity?
c) Was the system powered down/inhibited before you unplugged and replugged, would that have "confused" the electronics? I assume the key was not in the ignition when you unplugged or plugged back in.
d) Is there anything in the owners manual about having to re-set the system after disconnection?
e) Have you tried phoning a dealer's service shop and asking them (they may be aware of a problem that isn't mentioned in the manual)?
f) Are the sensors clean?
g) Do you get any sounds or lights at all from the system as my manual has a warning on page 131
h) After reconnecting have you selected "R" on the gear selector?

Hope those don't seem to "No brainer" but I have no experience of the system - why did you have to disconnect the sensors, seems a bit odd to have to take them off for any reason as the fenders/ bumpers are massive! And Range Rover owners generally are not the sorts of folks that do their own thing on cars, having said that tomorrow I'm getting under mine to fit a set of chromed sill guards.......... I could yet be calling in at the dealers for help on Monday as I'm the owner of two left hands each with ten thumbs!!!!!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you must not have a new body range [or its a replica] they come standard with parktronic. as for the problem it was repaired due to the dealer removing my front end grill

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
381 Posts
see next posting

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
381 Posts
brickslanga said:
you must not have a new body range [or its a replica] they come standard with parktronic. as for the problem it was repaired due to the dealer removing my front end grill
Mine is 2003 TD6 SE - park sensors are not part of the spec on UK SE's, and having driven RR3s with them I'm glad I don't have a set as well.....
They are a really pain in the butt when you are offroad and forget to inhibit the system everytime you restart the engine.
Here is my wagon going for an early morning dip in the River Spey in Scotland early on the morning of 21st November!

and half way over

1 - 5 of 5 Posts