RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2010 RR L322 HSE. I've characterized the problem but I haven't fixed it. After startup the parking sensors do not work, I'll select reverse and the button does not illuminate, nor the "beep" sound - and neither front nor rear sensors operate. The back up camera does work on all occasions.

If I drive somewhere and attempt to back into a space presto! The sensors are all working normally, including selecting them on when moving forwards slowly, and turning them off if I don't want to use them.

The most I've done is try a few button combinations with no success. I'm still haven't ruled out completely in my mind that I've somehow got the button/logic in a strange configuration - because the problem is so consistent.

For full disclosure; I became aware of the non-function when I started the car up and promptly reversed into another car, I wasn't getting any feedback so I bumped the other vehicle's bumper with no damage to either.

The only other thing I have done is pulled the relay and fuse in the rear passenger's quarter panel (US model) and checked for corrosion etc. They looked fine. I haven't pulled the controller or tried plugging and unplugging the connections.

Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
When my parking sensors stopped working, they wouldn’t come on at all at any time. The parking sensor control module had to be replaced. Since yours works intermittently that may not be the case, but wanted to let you know what I experienced back in May. 2012 RR HSE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I've characterized another behavior; if I start the car and let it warm up for say 20 minutes, when I put it into reverse the sensors work. Strange.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: They are now working as designed. They "fixed themselves". I am convinced it was moisture ingress into the rear quarter panel area RH side which gradually dried out. Presumably it's repeatable and I'll find out next time it rains here in SoCal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts