RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First post on here after being recommended to it by RRPhil - cheers.

Couple of questions -

Just fitted a K&N air filter after having an Inspection 2 service here in the UK 2 weeks ago. All well except yesterday the engine symbol lit up. Now, I changed the two large crankcase breather hoses about 3 weeks ago and all was fine - the engine light had come on before changing them and after consulting the web I was directed to changing them - yes, they were like marshmallows :)

What I didn't do was change the other two hoses - the short one and the really curly one for arguments sake. I've now ordered these and will pick them up on Saturday. The engine light was still on today so I had a look at the existing hoses. After two trips out the engine light is now off. Could this be due to the 2 hoses I haven't changed temporarily fixing themselves or could it be oil from the K&N on the MAF sensor???

Next question - parking sensors. For some reason the front ones now have a mind of there own. There switch off above 20mph as they should but don't seem to be calibrated properly. They beep when there is nothing near the front bumper and come on at will below 20mph. Is there anything I can do to test them or reset them? We have a had a load of rain today and I did jet wash the car on Sunday but it's been fine until today.....

cheers
Gavin

·
Registered
154 Posts
Spooner said:
Hi all,

First post on here after being recommended to it by RRPhil - cheers.

Couple of questions -

Just fitted a K&N air filter after having an Inspection 2 service here in the UK 2 weeks ago. All well except yesterday the engine symbol lit up. Now, I changed the two large crankcase breather hoses about 3 weeks ago and all was fine - the engine light had come on before changing them and after consulting the web I was directed to changing them - yes, they were like marshmallows :)

What I didn't do was change the other two hoses - the short one and the really curly one for arguments sake. I've now ordered these and will pick them up on Saturday. The engine light was still on today so I had a look at the existing hoses. After two trips out the engine light is now off. Could this be due to the 2 hoses I haven't changed temporarily fixing themselves or could it be oil from the K&N on the MAF sensor???

Next question - parking sensors. For some reason the front ones now have a mind of there own. There switch off above 20mph as they should but don't seem to be calibrated properly. They beep when there is nothing near the front bumper and come on at will below 20mph. Is there anything I can do to test them or reset them? We have a had a load of rain today and I did jet wash the car on Sunday but it's been fine until today.....

cheers
Gavin
My parking sensors seem to also have a fault/mind of thier own. I reset them by pulling fuse 6 and replacing. All is good now. (I normally get a fair amount of road salt/grime etc on my sensors during the winter months and need to reset them even after cleaning etc.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a similar problem with the hoses on my 2005. I ended up replacing the PCV valve and the separator and that seemed to finally fix it to where the check engine light would not come on again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for the replies.

I removed the fuse - with the engine off - and then put if back after switching the engine on/off again. Is there a special 'procedure' to follow or is it a straight in/out?

cheers
Gavin

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spooner said:
Many thanks for the replies.

I removed the fuse - with the engine off - and then put if back after switching the engine on/off again. Is there a special 'procedure' to follow or is it a straight in/out?

cheers
Gavin

Update..... Removed fuse 6. Drove for 5 miles. Switched off and put it back in and now all well.

cheers
Gavin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts