RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I recently discovered that jet washing the car too closely around the parking sensors can result in the sensors getting wet and constantly beeping. However, this issue resolves itself after a day to dry off in the garage.

Since, I have been mindful to not use the jet wash as close to the car when washing around the sensors area. However for the past week now I have noticed my sensors to beep a constant beep when I reverse!

The orange parking sensor light button in the car does not flash (other forums state this would be the case if it was a sensor fault) but in my case the light remains constant, as does the beeping! Until I press the button to turn sensors off.

What do I do? This is driving me mad

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Some info about your "car" would be helpful, year and model etc.

I doubt they are getting wet, more probable is one is loose in bumper cover and jet wash pushes it in to then start tripping the sensor. Look at them to ensure they are all flush and none are recessed into the bumper.

You can also turn on the sensors while in park to bring up the graphic showing what sensor is going off to narrow down which ones causes constant sensing

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Some info about your "car" would be helpful, year and model etc.

I doubt they are getting wet, more probable is one is loose in bumper cover and jet wash pushes it in to then start tripping the sensor. Look at them to ensure they are all flush and none are recessed into the bumper.

You can also turn on the sensors while in park to bring up the graphic showing what sensor is going off to narrow down which ones causes constant sensing

Car is 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE. What's strange is I realised today that the constant beeping issue only occurs when I reverse out of my garage and drive up the street... If I am parked elsewhere and set off the sensors work perfectly. Is it intermittent or could this be down to my busy garage

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. Realised today it is now intermittent, but more often than not has a mind of its own. had a listen to the rear sensors yesterday and all are ticking

1 - 4 of 4 Posts