RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and not got a steer on my problem this time. also my bumper has not been painted either.

When I select reverse, I got the normal beep to say the PDC is engage as I move the car backwards it warns in the normal way of an obstacle but once you get the solid tone (not beeping) it won't stop even if there is no obstacle! it cuts off once over 20mph as normal.

I took the fuse out and replaced but no change. I have also checked each sensor to see if there is anything blocking it.

Any ideas appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Further investigating has shown that once the rear sensor is locked on the front sensors don't report an obstacle.

I have checked all the connections on the rear bumper, I am not sure how to access the front ones.

·
Registered
154 Posts
rudseyrover said:
I have searched and not got a steer on my problem this time. also my bumper has not been painted either.

When I select reverse, I got the normal beep to say the PDC is engage as I move the car backwards it warns in the normal way of an obstacle but once you get the solid tone (not beeping) it won't stop even if there is no obstacle! it cuts off once over 20mph as normal.

I took the fuse out and replaced but no change. I have also checked each sensor to see if there is anything blocking it.

Any ideas appreciated

Thanks
Any chance you have a hitch or other accessory nearby one of the sensors? My hitch usually activates the system.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has a removeable hitch which is not on.

I have listened to each sensor and all eight are clicking.

There is no chance its got water in there as its not rained for a while, in fact the track I live down has been very dusty, has anyone had problems due to dust??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there guys I'm a new owner if a rrs s/c its a great car low mileage only problem is parking sensors,some days they work others they don't work fuses are ok any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Intermittent issue with this system is usually either the very beginning of a wiring issue, or a sensor.

If at any point it has had a long beep, and the light on the switch was flashing, then it stored a fault that can be retrieved using the correct diagnostic equipment, and point you in the right direction.

The only real test you can do yourself, aside from removing the bumpers to visually check the wiring, is to listen to the sensors when it is not working. Each one will make a faint clicking sound. The vehicle needs to be on, and system active for them to click.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an identical problem.
Engage reverse and the PDC emits a continuous tone.
The front sensors dont do anything then though all sensors are making the ticking noise.
Over 20mph tone stops but starts again when reverse engaged.
Did you solve the problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts