RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I did some research and have yet to find an answer to my problem.. i have an 06 HSE. For the past week or so, each time i turn on my car, the rear sensor begins to beep, and the light flashes on the sensor button. it does this for a couple seconds or so and shuts off, and is quite annoying. Anybody have any ideas why this may be or how i could get rid of it? thanks in advance!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Does it start beeping in a high-pitched continuous tone as soon as you engage reverse? Most likely, one of the four parking sensors on the rear bumper is shorted. It could be because it's wet (mine used to act up like that for a day or two after a heavy rain or car wash, then it would be OK as it dried out), but if it's already triggered the fault for a week it is probably damaged for good and needs to be replaced. The dealer should be able to identify which one it is via diagnostics, unless the damage is apparent it is not easy to get to those little buggers without taking down the bumper first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a continuous beep. believe it or not the tone is different, its not as high pitched as it normally is. its a long tone for about 5 seconds then just stops. ? help?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I am 99% sure it is a single bad sensor, take her to the dealer and they can tell you real quick by hooking her up to their diagnostics. My own crazy sensor eventually did bite the dust and my LR indy shop (I am out of warranty and steer clear of stealers) replaced it, I'd have to go find the receipt but I think it was about 60/70 bucks or so for the sensor itself, plus a little bit of labor to put it on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts