RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Hope you guys are all ok. Please help me with this problem. So I was in a parking lot, getting ready to leave when this guy bumbs me from the back! Let me tell you, it sounded worst then what happened. I mean there was no damage, what so ever. But ever since then, the Front sensors go crazy when I start the car and reverse or am under 10 mph. Now when I got hit, I was in reverse but noting happened to the rear end sensors. Any explanation??????? Should I replace all front sensors?!?!?! The stealership wants 125 just to look at it and 350 to replce the sesnsor. Please help

thank so much!

Eddy

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
eajaoudi said:
Hope you guys are all ok. Please help me with this problem. So I was in a parking lot, getting ready to leave when this guy bumbs me from the back! Let me tell you, it sounded worst then what happened. I mean there was no damage, what so ever. But ever since then, the Front sensors go crazy when I start the car and reverse or am under 10 mph. Now when I got hit, I was in reverse but noting happened to the rear end sensors. Any explanation??????? Should I replace all front sensors?!?!?! The stealership wants 125 just to look at it and 350 to replce the sesnsor. Please help

thank so much!

Eddy
Eddy, thanks for asking if we're okay. The doctor says with my new medication that I should some results, and the whole panic episode thing about Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi out to get me should start improving. Other than that, knock on wood, I'm doing OK. Not sure about the rest of the forum...

Here's the rub (from someone who has tried to fix these on his own in the past). Not knowing what sensor is damaged you have to do a pull and replace on the most likely sensor. That's gonna cost you the price of a new sensor (that can't be returned) for starters and some disassembly time. Backs are easier to get at than the fronts. Now assuming you get it right on the first try, all well and good. The problem comes if you have more than one bad sensor or don't know which it is, or a bad sensor junction box, etc. The dealer will seem to be reasonably priced in the latter case.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
The dealer is probably giving you the worst case scenario that would involve replacing either all front sensors (they cost about $80 each), or the park control module itself, plus labor. In reality, I think it would be near impossible for all four front sensors to be bad, since they act independently of each other and are individually hard wired into the PDC box. The problem is that, unless the damage is obvious, it would be really difficult for you to establish which sensor is bad without pulling a specific fault code. The dealer can figure it out in a few minutes through diagnostics. Also, if the fault "buzzer" triggers when you engage reverse, perhaps it's a rear sensor - not a front one - that is damaged. Finally, replacing some of the front sensors require you to remove the bumper first, which is no fun to do on your own either. You may want to bite the bullet and take her to a dealer for this one, or at least an independent shop equipped with IDS.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My parking sensor was bad at one point, and first it was bad on Front and after fixing it the rear one went out..

they replaced the actual harness not the sensor nor module, I honestly don't know how much it costs since it was replaced under warranty, but

I think it was around 300... but I am not sure...

good luck, btw, mine went crazy when it was bad as you described

1 - 5 of 5 Posts