RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past few days I've had a series of issues pop up with my 2008 RR Mark III/322
  1. Sluggish starting...battery seems like its going bad
  2. Door unlock button on dash wasn't working but now is
  3. Tire indicator on dash started blinking and saying "tire pressure monitoring system fault" but stopped blinking later
  4. Parking brake fault indicator was on upon sluggish start-up this morning but is now off
I was concerned that there is some kind of short, which is draining my battery, or that the battery issue could be causing all of the random indicator lights to be going off.
Any thoughts? I'm taking the vehicle in to have the battery checked today.
Thanks!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,771 Posts
Low voltage will cause all sorts of issues. Your entire charging circuit must be in tip top shape at all times. That mean a reliable battery, proper output from the alternator and cables free of corrosion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the battery and took it for a 30 mile test drive...all good. No alerts came up. I'm starting to wonder if my suspension fault alerts, which led me to an $1,800 compressor replacement at the dealer, wasn't just the beginning of the battery issue.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,771 Posts
You need to find an indie shop. Even if you upgrade to the revised compressor they are only about $700 retail and well under an hour to install. Moments to upgrade the software. You got taken for an extra grand on that replacement. Depending on your mileage it may have been a good move though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts