RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone point me to the parking brake adjustment procedure.

The instructions in RAVE don't seem to match my vehicle ('05). When I remove the access hole when in the 6 o'clock position, there is nothing resembling the picture in RAVE.

I remember there was a procedure described in this forum, and I did a search, but didn't find it. Might as well use Google over the search funtion...

Thanks for any guidance.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Well lets see if I can remember: my RAV will not run on my mac.

You remove the wheel (after jacking up, and placed a jack stand to secure the Rover from falling). You will see a hole in the rotor center along the bolt line. This is the hole that you will rotate around till you come to the adjuster star (a flash light will help you find it) This is the Parking Brake adjuster. The parking brake is a shoe type inside a small drum. By turning the star you will expand the range of the shoes till they make contact then back off one click. That's it. Do both sides of course.

Mark.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I hear what you're saying, but my access plug is outside the bolt line, and there is nothing in there.

Also, I just did a full brake job, including rotors, and didn't see any such cog as you and RAVE describe when the rotor was completely off.

Maybe I'm crazy. I'll have another look.

I'm an '05 with factory brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts