RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I’m having a fairly weird issue. A few days ago, it was 2° outside and I was forced to leave my Rover outside overnight, the next morning I started it up and got a long beep from the parking aid system indicating a fault. I figured it was just a quirk with the weather. Fast forward to the next night, just as cold, but in a heated garage all night. Started it up and had the same issue. Then I started noticing that after driving for 10+ minutes, the parking aid becomes active again. So I immediately thought it was a battery. I took it to Interstate for a test and it’s putting out 800CCA which is pretty good from what they said. I then left it on a trickle charger all night in the same weather and woke up to no problems, but the battery test indicated it fine.

This problem is two fold, I decided just to change the battery, but they said I can’t use an AGM because I have a “flooded” battery and they aren’t interchangeable. So please advise if you think replacing the battery is the right move, as it hasn’t been done since new, and if yes what battery would you recommend? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,670 Posts
leaving your Rover outside in weather like that will cause your parking sensors to be covered in frost when you clear your windows you need to clear your rear camera and parking sensors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts