RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been covered but I couldn't find anything by searching. My Range was slightly rearended and the park sensors were still working fine. I got a new bumper and installed the parking sensors and now they are not working. I just get a long beep followed with the patk sensor light flashing. I checked the connectors and all are solid. I have heard if you put your ear to them they should make a noise? How can I determine which sensor isn't working? Thanks.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
865 Posts
I had the exact same problem. After changing the module...to no evail, it was a chafed wire grounding on the inner metal bumper frame. Each wire pair comes out of the sensor and should be run through a groove and clip molded into the plastic bumper. They then run collectively through other molded clips to the connector. You may have to remove the bumper cover to ensure none of the wires are out of place so they have shorted or broken.

Also, I have never heard mine make any noise. I am a pilot, so may have lost my hearing in the range they vibrate...but I definitely can't hear anything!?!

John

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,941 Posts
I had a similar issue with my rear sensors ,
yes the wires have to be run so the metal bumper section wont damage the wires,
but i found that the connector for the whole harnes at the RR corner of the vehicle was not fully connected,
it takes a good squeeze to connect it

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reasoning for the non-working sensor was described above (cut wire grounding on bumper). To figure out which sensor isn't working you can turn Ignition to 2, place vehicle in Reverse, and stick your ear up to the sensor. If it is working there is a surprisingly loud constant ticking. This was how I identified which one wasn't working and everything is good again. Thanks all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts