RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(A search of the forum didn't show up any real mention of this issue)

Have any other RRS owners with Park Distance Control (PDC) had situations in which the PDC beeps while at lights, EVEN if there is no car ahead or behind you? It happens to me quite often. I'm guessing sometimes that it's something to my left or right (near the nose of the car), but usually all obstacles are at least 3-4 feet away, if not more.

I know I can turn the system off, but unlike my RR, it doesn't come back on automatically unless I turn it back on, or restart the ignition. The RR system doesn't activate until you put the car in reverse, or restart the car, a pretty good safety feature. Personally, I like the always on nature of the new system, and a few beeps here and there don't bother me too much, but it seems as though maybe my side front sensors are too sensitive?

Anyone else have more insight?

maarten

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine does the same thing at some stoplights. I assumed that others were to close, but I wasn't sure. :?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very small RRS fans...

At first, so did I....but check it out, it doesn't happen when some people are really close (does the reverse sensor only work when the car is *in* reverse gear?), othertime, no one is there.

Could there be a bunch of vertically challenged RRS admirers/gawkers/fans admiring my RRS up close, but below the sightlines from the rear window?... at a light? :roll:

Maarten

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the exact same issue, the PDC beeps by itself when the car is standing still on the road or at a red light.

The beep just gets too annoying and I have to turn it OFF, but I turn in ON again when I need it for parking. I rather not do that.

In my personal opinion the PDC is just too sensitive. If anyone has a resolution to this issue it will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Funny you guys mention having problems with this feature. The dealership where I bought mine actually had the feature deleted from all the RRS's on the lot. When I noticed "PDC deleted" on the invoice sticker, the sales rep said it was due to flaws with the system and that Land Rover had taken the feature off. Maybe you guys got your vehicle before me, I bought mine on July 9th.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Read the manual. If I recall correctly the beep is to tell you that you have dropped to a speed where the pdc kicks in. But it's not that simple, I think the rear kicks in and not the front initially, might be wrong but as I said for once it is in the manual unlike phones etc etc :wink:

·
Registered
23 Posts
My own assessment is that the front corner sensors have too great a range as the PDC responds to vehicles in an adjacent lane of traffic and, indeed, oncoming vehicles in the opposite lane even when the vehicle in front is closer. I switch it off occasionally but it bothers occasional passengers (who don't know what the noise is) more than me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I noticed "PDC deleted" on the invoice sticker, the sales rep said it was due to flaws with the system and that Land Rover had taken the feature off. Maybe you guys got your vehicle before me, I bought mine on July 9th.
The initial models with the "no charge" luxury package have the PDC deleted. Sometimes salesman say stupid things to justify the lack of a feature or option. :lol:

·
FOUNDER
638 Posts
Thanks for this thread folks -- I will soon be starting a "Common problems and fixes" page for listing symptoms and causes on the Sport, si ilar to the one for the RRIII, so this would be a good topic to include.

Keep up the great work

Cheers

John

·
Registered
25 Posts
According to the manual the PDC should be OFF when the electronic handbrake is on or Park selected.

It will re-activate when setting off and then cut off when speed reaches 10mph and back on when it drops below 6mph.

Rear sensors only activate when Reverse selected.

I noticed mine keep beeping in traffic when I was alongside a BMW. Looking in the manual I see that it says any matching frequency will set off beeps. What's the betting it's a hangover from BMW ownership where the frequency is the same on their PDC :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts