RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Range Rover Fullsize Supercharged. When I retract the sun blind all the way back the mechanism that takes in/winds up the the fabric stops; however the motor that pulls the blind back continues until the proper stop point. What happens is I get about a foot of fabric that isn't taken in and it hangs folded and flops on the back seat passengers. I've gone through the recalibration settings and it did not fix the issue.

Any thoughts on a fix other than don't retract the sun blind all the way back! (which is going to be my fix if I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
649 Posts
I believe that there was an old post on this exact issue. Posted by Nar sometime in 2013 or 2014.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When these break on the sport its a big job. They say its not common. Mine goes in for this tomorrow... for the second time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this same issue in my 2013 Supercharged, its issue with track.
After almost 1 year of trying to fix, moving back and forward with metal going across holding up the cloth material snapped into the track and finally !!!!! worked. since then I have no issues.

When i brought this to the dealer they said the had to replace the entire track with estimate over $2,000
I fixed it just with lots of patience and help with wife pushing back and forward while I followed the track and seeing/feeling when i jump off track and then gets stuck not allowing to go back any further in.

I hope this helps you get it working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
carefully when you push the track back until gets stuck; pull down the cloth so you can have a visual of the track. I realized 1 side was on the track and the other side was off and kept jumping off place.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same response from the dealer, i.e. over 2K to fix it, which I declined.

Excellent observation and your post fixed the issue. The thin cross support bar for the cover material and which rides "in THE track" was misaligned and was causing the material to not fully retract.

In my situation both the left and right side cross support bar were in "a track." However, when comparing both sides, the right side track was a notch lower as compared to the left side. I lifted the right side cross support bar and pushed it into the next track above and now it fully retracts.

Pulling the material down as you suggested provided greater clarity. You can also run your finger across the upper and lower tracks and it will be clear that the lower track has an end stop, while the upper track does.

After reading your post, I was able to do the fix by myself (one person) and it took about 3 minutes of observation and moving the cross support bar. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts