RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced all 4 of them in DEC 2012 and the front ones are shredded already. They were Bearmark as I had read britpart are junk and stayed away from them. Is it normal for them to only last 6 months?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess I'm the unlucky one then! Lol
Here is what they looked like after 5 months.
IMG_0378.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Go to your local dealer and order the genuine part and make sure it then doesn't have to take up the slack from other worn out bushes/components which will shorten it's service life, which unless you do a quick turn around of those items or do them in one hit that's highly likely.

The real cost (for me at least) is in time and effort in doing these jobs (myself), its far more than the part itself although many seem to see it the other way around for some reason. That's why because i don't want to deal with them again any time soon AND I want turnkey reliability I only fit genuine parts, especially drivetrain related. Most genuine parts make any others look positively extortionate given that context IMO.

·
Registered
922 Posts
those are actually radius arm bushings
uhmmm not exactly... they are indeed panhard bushes. Radius arm bushes are much larger, have a different cross section and a narrower central metal crush tube...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
those are actually radius arm bushings
Lol you maybe had a few beers when you posted that! Major difference between the radius arms and panhard rod.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go to your local dealer and order the genuine part and make sure it then doesn't have to take up the slack from other worn out bushes/components which will shorten it's service life, which unless you do a quick turn around of those items or do them in one hit that's highly likely.

The real cost (for me at least) is in time and effort in doing these jobs (myself), its far more than the part itself although many seem to see it the other way around for some reason. That's why because i don't want to deal with them again any time soon AND I want turnkey reliability I only fit genuine parts, especially drivetrain related. Most genuine parts make any others look positively extortionate given that context IMO.
Thanks for the reply Larry,
The nearest dealer I have is 6 hrs away and they will not ship to me. Technically they will, but charge a minimum $50 shipping.
I ordered new ones from a online retailer and have installed them. They were made by Allmakes.
I had made a big order from the UK the day after the bushings went so I added 2 OEM bushings to the order. Funny thing is they are also made by Bearmark only 10 times the price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts