RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one here from Panama city, Panama? Do they have a dealership in Panama? mechanics?

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Sales Dealer
Premier Motor Group Calle 50 Urb., Obarrio
Apartado 92
Panama
Panama
Phone: (507) 264-1895

Authorised Repairer
Premier Motor Group Calle 50 Urb., Obarrio
Apartado 92
Panama
Panama
Phone: (507) 221-9869

Looks like they might not be too far from each other. lol.
Sales and Service apparently have different phone numbers.

How I found the above:

I went here:

http://www.landrover.com/int/en/_mainto ... ocator.htm

Clicked on the drop-down that lists all of the countries, clicked on "Panama", and that's what came up.

Hope that helps.

Buena Suerte (if you need it).

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
To answer your question more fully:

I don't recall having seen any posts from anyone with Panama listed as their location.

You can do a search of members - sort by location. I tried that, but I did not see Panama listed as anyone's location.

As far as regular posters go, the closest to Panama that I am aware of is in Guatemala.

But by just eyeballing a map, that would appear to be quite a hike. (understatement).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot detroit_pierogi. This is exactly what I was looking for, moreover, I wanted to find out a fellow Range Rover Panamanian.

Muchas gracias de antemano for any here.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Being such a large city you live in you guys havent started a Land Rover club? Im sure there are a 100 other guys there that would join.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Info for:

Land Rover Club Panama

http://www.geocities.com/landroverpty/

Club............ Land Rover Club Panama
Members......... 40
Contact......... Toti Calvo - Position... President
Address......... PO Box 617 Panama 9A, Panama
City............ Panama
State........... - - -
Country......... Panama
Phone........... 507-218-8684 - Fax... 507-236-0687
Vehicle......... Land Rover
Type of Club.... Range Rover - Land Rover
Type of Vehicle. 4x4
Dues Per Year... $60
E-Mail.......... [email protected]
Entry Date: Sun 12/6/98

I have a number of other ideas about how to find more contacts for you. But it's my bedtime right now.

I would be interested to hear about any developments / progress you are making with this info and where it leads you.

In other words, please report back :)

Hasta Manana,

Dan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks detroit_pierogi. I found that Land rover club in Panama before as well, it seems like it has not been updated since 1999-2000! If there is more info you can share that will help. I'll continue the research and keep the thread posted.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
bibobu,

De nada.
(Dan is my name, btw).
One idea was to search for 'adventure tourism' places. I would imagine that some of them employ Land Rovers during their trips. And they might be good sources of info.
I Googled some word combos like "panama" "adventure" "rover", and it came up with a number of results. Some other words you might try: "tours" "safari" "jungle" - that sort of thing.
In the spirit of "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime":
I came through with some 'fish' for you. Above is an idea on 'how to fish'.
Once you talk to some of these people, I am sure that they can introduce you to other LR/RR people and or point you in some right directions.
I'll put up some more ideas, if you're not having any luck.
But you're the local there.
Drop the above idea in the water, and I am sure you will get plenty of bites.
Emails and phone calls.

Dan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:lol: good fish analogy. I totally agree!

thanks for the useful ideas, much appreciate them.

I'm (Vib) a Nor Cal (Cupertino) local with inclination towards to moving to Panama with the sport s/c (note how highlight of the move is me and her :p). I'm sure there are LandRover fans/users there but I could not find anything tangible online other than that old club site and dealership. Basically, I intended to find out if there was someone in Panama here on the forums who can give some insight how Land Rover friendly (in terms of service, maintenance, parts, costs, etc) the is. I'm sure most of the parts will have to be shipped to Panama, labor costs - not sure but assuming its gonna be slightly less if not same as here. I'm not in Panama yet but will be before the end of the year.

In case I want to hop over Darien Gap to Columbia :mrgreen:
http://www.media.landrover.com/uplo..._off_for_new_land_rover_g4_challenge_5140.doc
Prolly not...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts