Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently upgraded an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.02. I must re-enter the pairing code every time I get back in the vehicle. This was not the case with the older phone. Is this an issue with the new phone and/or the new OS?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS8.2 and no issues with my 2006 Sport.

The iPad2 is really sluggish though with iOS8.2.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,219 Posts
Wish there was an ios 8.2, May fix some of the issues I'm having with text to speech!

·
Premium Member
2006 Range Rover Sport
1,190 Posts
do you have the original PTI module or the newer one? i've got the newer one in my 2006. ran perfectly fine with an iPhone 5 on iOS 8.0.x and currently on a 6

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you are asking me, I think the original module is in the vehicle-don't ever remember having any Bluetooth repairs...but then again it has been 7 long years of ownership...

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
206 Posts
Interesting, because my Lumia 1520 exhibits the same issue. I wonder if it is a Bluetooth 4.0 low energy issue. I told ms about it and they say fix is out in the next update, but who knows. As far as i know i have never changed the bt module.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My understanding, from being told years ago, is that every new Apple iPhone that comes along has the ability to make a Bluetooth connection with any car that was compatable with any iOS system they used in the past.

That is to say, whatever the technology used in 2006 to make a Bluetooth connection to my 2006 Sport would still work today in any iPhone purchased today.

Great, if still true...it works for me at least in regards to the iPhone5 with iOS 8.0.2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an iphone 5, with 8.0.2 and I have to keep pairing every time I start the car. Upgraded to 8.1.1 this morning, and the same issue is happening. If anyone knows about a fix please let me know, it's getting annoying.

I own a '06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts