RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
cant help with location many custom shops can do it or can direct you to one.

Paint is sprayed on and is not as durable as power coat. Powder coat is what it sounds like they spray powder using an electrically charged system that allows the powder to cover evenly, than it is put into an over and baked until cured and will come out with a heavy and durable coating. Most of the cast Iron sinks and tubs are Powder coated as you know they are pretty durable, can you imagine if they were just painted?

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,429 Posts
Most of the cast Iron sinks and tubs are Powder coated as you know they are pretty durable, can you imagine if they were just painted?
Porcelain is a hand painted or sprayed glass layer that is applied to cast iron and baked at high temperatures to create a thick hard surface. The process is different than powder coating which, as you mentioned, is a layer that is electrostatically applied and baked. Porcelain has been around for centuries, powder coating for decades.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
Porcelain is a hand painted or sprayed glass layer that is applied to cast iron and baked at high temperatures to create a thick hard surface. The process is different than powder coating which, as you mentioned, is a layer that is electrostatically applied and baked. Porcelain has been around for centuries, powder coating for decades.
I know the difference, there was a reason why I said cast iron because porcelain is used on stainless steel as well perhaps I should have used the word SOME instead of MOST. If you do a google search you will see that many of the decorative sinks are powder coated, also whenever a sink is refinished it is done with powder coating. Durability is very similar I was using it as an example. I believe it was a suitable example.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts