RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of us have gotten our rigs coated with paint protection. Just thinking about my next rig and if I stick with Opti Coat or try something different.

How's your coating holding up?

I have Opti Coat Pro since new and it's still going strong. Never waxed after so Im very happy with it and would've spent the same amount of money over time with detailing.

2015.5 HSE SCV6 VelocityAP

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
297 Posts
I got ceramic pro gold package.
I’m happy enough with it, but I probably wouldn’t do it again. It’s looses its hydrophobic effects so quickly. (Mine was under 8 months). Then you have to get more top coat applied.

I’d likely try another product the next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,151 Posts
Have opticoat pro plus from 2015 that still is working great. Whenever I wash the car it looks brand new, and the shine is amazing.

I’ll always get ceramic coating, likely opticoat but will look into gtechniq as my old detailer raved about it.

Although with my next vehicle (L460?) I may end up doing a vehicle wrap instead to get red, although apparently you can get ceramic coating over a wrap too.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm holding out for the next platform also. I hope they figure out all the bugs that everyone is having.
Competition is looking very appealing now with the Q8, X7 and the new Macan, not to mention the RRS is getting more expensive every year.

2015.5 HSE SCV6 VelocityAP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts