RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello have noticed on my 2014 Range Rover sport very close gap between front hood and both front doors, to the point where paint is peeling off. Suspect happens when the hood is opened. Has anyone else noticed this on their vehicle? Not sure if this would be covered under warranty, any thoughts?

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
peeling off or rubbing off? Peeling would indicate poor paint. Rubbing would point towards poor alignment. Either way this would be a dealer issue as you are still under bumper to bumper warranty... aren;t you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes still have plenty of warranty. Back to the dealer I guess! Weird how jlr didn't test for fit form and function in the design test stage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just noticed it today, l wash the vehicle regularly so I would have noticed it, tried opening the hood to see if it was touching the front door seam but it isn't. Not sure what caused it but definately not a stone chip. Looks like the paint just cracked in the area. I'll post a pic when I get the chance. May be a paint defect. Hopefully the dealer could fix it, however not keen on having the whole door painted for just that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts