RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Im looking for some opinions on paint color as the title states. Im between two specifically: Deep Bronze Green (LRC001) or Eastnor Green (LRC419). Im repainting my ardennes green '93 LWB. Its a beautiful original color but the condition isnt very good and Id prefer a more solid green vs the metallic. I'll be painting the chrome bumpers black and using silver bonnet and tailgate lettering. Its hard to tell from google and there is so much misinformation out there, I figured id get your opinions. Thanks! Oh and the rub strips have been removed and the side reflector holes filled. I also purchased a vertical metal grille from an early model to see what it looks like. Might be a bit much though.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eastnor is a little easier to visualize since it was a standard color. Deep Bronze is obviously a very stereotypical land rover color but I've not seen it on a Range Rover...

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
it's a personal opinion....rather like splattering exclamation points all over the place.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
Im particular to deep greens, my current lwb sports british racing green. it was the original factory color and just repainted it a couple of years ago. in the past I have owned an emerald green jeep BRG jaguar and a cypress green honda, as well a dark green BMW.
I guess my opinion would be biased....

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had been thinking eastnor because Ive seen a few hunters in the exact look im going for, but tonight im really leaning towards the deep bronze... it just looks right. Im just afraid it wont translate well to the range rover body style.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,482 Posts
i had been thinking eastnor because Ive seen a few hunters in the exact look im going for, but tonight im really leaning towards the deep bronze... it just looks right. Im just afraid it wont translate well to the range rover body style.
I think you’ll be fine either way. The deep bronze will make your classic stand out. That being the case, the older vertical grille might then be the cherry on top...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Deep Bronze Green (LRC001), also known as Ascot Green (well over here) it's one of the classic Range Rover colours....... I liked it so much I brought one!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I like the first one in your pictures, the Range Rover example, gives a little more shape and modelling to those classical panels.

Also gives a more defined separation to the blacked out glass pillars and makes more a feature of the "flying" roof panel.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you’ll be fine either way. The deep bronze will make your classic stand out. That being the case, the older vertical grille might then be the cherry on top...
It would definitely be unique!

Deep Bronze Green (LRC001), also known as Ascot Green (well over here) it's one of the classic Range Rover colours....... I liked it so much I brought one!!
I didn't know it was offered on the classic! Do you have any pictures handy? I'd love to see it!

I like the first one in your pictures, the Range Rover example, gives a little more shape and modelling to those classical panels.

Also gives a more defined separation to the blacked out glass pillars and makes more a feature of the "flying" roof panel.
That was one of my concerns with the darker colors in general. The floating roof is iconic.

·
Registered
465 Posts
When you see them in all black they look great but it does change that architectural feature, silhouette remains but gives you a different read of the features.

A bit like mascara, very small but very effective.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ascot Green was a standard colour from 1954 to 1988 for Land Rovers!

RIMG0001.JPG s-l1600 2_zpsw0jx6lt2.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am also thinking about repainting my swb. Currently it's in Montepellier (burgundy) but it is in very bad shape and I want to do a color change. Will I incur the wrath of Land Rover god if I paint it a non-LR color?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I can't see a problem with that, with the possible few exceptions.... Olive Drab, any dayglow (especially green), and Pink are likely to receive less than favourable responses and I'd think twice about flip fop colours. A nice dark pearl would be interesting..... The only thing to remember is it could affect resale value, especially if your ride is show standard. And lastly remember there is nothing worse that opening the door on a shiny new paint job to reveal a totally different colour door frame..

But a dark pearl burgundy could be very interesting and could blend sympathetically with the inner paint!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks miggit! That looks good! It looks similar to me ardennes but without the metallic flake. honestly I would have kept my truck with the original color to preserve the patina except after removing the rub strips, it left behind an unsightly line.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
do you realize how long it took my wife to convince me not to paint it that exact color? You got me thinking about it again which may lead to some lonely nights.
Sorry bro, but happy wife, happy life...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
That colour only looks good on a desert vehicle....

FYI my car is very faded, and has been through every hedge and thicket in the UK, is in need of a really good polish (paint shop polish, not wax!!) and still looks presentable! Oh and hasn't been washed since I got it at the beginning of the year... I just haven't had the time!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts