RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been covered before, but I have NO FAITH in the replacement coated plastic items from LR. They have simply done the same lifting again. So this time I purchased some color code matching spray paint (mine is Giverny Green) and set about doing some monochrome work around the car. FYI, I found that the simple cleaner "Goof Off" quickly stripped the rubberized paint coating from the plastic parts of the car. Just let it soak on a rag for about 15 seconds and it comes right off. This would explain why it so easily lifts from normal use (coke, perfumes, makeup, foods, etc).

This was today's work....
[attachment=3:28ygbsxt]IMG_0621.jpg[/attachment:28ygbsxt]
[attachment=2:28ygbsxt]IMG_0622.jpg[/attachment:28ygbsxt]
[attachment=1:28ygbsxt]IMG_0624.jpg[/attachment:28ygbsxt]
[attachment=0:28ygbsxt]IMG_0625.jpg[/attachment:28ygbsxt]

Next I will have the wheels color matched instead of the black (just got these Foose wheels off ebay for a good price) - and some of the interior plastic

Attachments

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I like the steering wheel accents...

I painted my door handles to match the stock gray exterior accents.

Nice color by the way :mrgreen:

·
Registered
18 Posts
:clap: Nice job! How was the spraypainting process for the wheel given the limited space. I imagine a good tape up??

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the wheel spoke covers off, cleaned all the rubberized goo off of them, sanded them and then sprayed them. Took me about an hour.

The door handles I did the larger part on the car, but took the smaller part off the door, as they are easy to remove..... taped it all off and sprayed.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Looks great! I just did my hood cowling last week. Went the long way though. A couple coats, then some clearcoat with some amount of UV filtering in it.
Thanks for the tip on removing the small part of the door handles - I'll do them next.
I'm actually considering taping off the hood & hatch lettering & freshening them up too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts