RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 RRS I bought this june with 25k on it now it has about 38. It is Buckingham blue, my question is on my hood there is a tiny spot where the paint is starting to spider and crack. Does anyone else have this problem and is it covered under warranty? Thanks for your help guys. As far as I know there has not been any paint work done on this car

·
Registered
318 Posts
schubox66 said:
I have an 06 RRS I bought this june with 25k on it now it has about 38. It is Buckingham blue, my question is on my hood there is a tiny spot where the paint is starting to spider and crack. Does anyone else have this problem and is it covered under warranty? Thanks for your help guys. As far as I know there has not been any paint work done on this car
My guess is that your hood was repainted so LR will NOT cover this. Factory paint does not spider like that, not on a vehicle that's 3-4 years old. And yes they'll be able to check with a paint meter. The hood paint will be way thicker than the rest of the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
If its been repainted - It may have been damaged during transport. Usually the dealer will not know of this and does not want know of it. Since the transport guys are indy, they take it to a body shop to get done. Have a friend in the trucking business and its pretty frequent.

·
Registered
322 Posts
that or it was involved in a wreck unknown to you and had to be repainted. Sounds like you should let the dearler who sold you know that you sold you a car that was repainted for whatever reason and you arent happy about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts