Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Finally have some time to get my Disc Italia ceramic pads installed but had a Local shop tell me Id need to have replacement sensors as well for all my calipers.

Seems excessive ? Find a new shop?

·
Registered
55 Posts
My experience is that your sensors are still good if they haven’t been tripped. As soon as you have service brake light on dash, it’s time for a new sensor.

Hey all!

Finally have some time to get my Disc Italia ceramic pads installed but had a Local shop tell me Id need to have replacement sensors as well for all my calipers.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My experience is that your sensors are still good if they haven’t been tripped. As soon as you have service brake light on dash, it’s time for a new sensor.

Hey all!

Finally have some time to get my Disc Italia ceramic pads installed but had a Local shop tell
me Id need to have replacement sensors as well for all my calipers.

Thanks for the info. New sensors... just changing to clean up the brake dust.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have not replaced my pads myself but did have new sensors for the Tech. In my other vehicles that I have changed the sensors are in the Pad , and if they had not worn you can sometimes remove and re use them. Best however is to have new sensors on hand, they are inexpensive if purchased from independant store. The heat from usage often make the sensor casings very brittle and hence they brake with little force.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
I agree with Bails. I change the sensors whenever I change the pads. I would not want the sensor to trip because of heat or a malfunction.
sensor's do not malfunction nor does heat have anything to do with operation. Wear sensors are simply a wire loop that has to be broken in order for the dash light to be illuminated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.