RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i'm brand new to the forum, about to place an order for a p400e L405 but can't seem to find any actual owner reviews online, other than one saying it'd been back to the dealer a few times. Could any owners give their thoughts on the car so far and any problems/things to be aware of?

I live in Manchester, UK, and mostly do short commutes, so the EV range fits me pretty perfectly. I do the odd jaunt down to Plymouth (280 miles), so know it's not going to give amazing mpg for the longer journeys but am equally aware that I wouldn't do enough miles to keep a dpf clear either.

Any pointers here would be hugely appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,

I live in Munich, Germany. Every day I drive about 25 km from home to my office and back home again. I do this in EV mode with zero emissions. For this, my P400e is perfect, no noise, just driving in silence. I love it. If you can charge at home and in the office, this is the perfect choice.

For long trips there are better options. But the R4 engine is not as bad as it sounds. When you escalate you would which to have a V8. But for cruising it is good. You actually don't here it.

By the way, I have mine six weeks now.

I would go for it again.

For readers in Manchester: Rain is not a problem for the P400e. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your thoughts, it does appear to align pretty perfectly with what i'm after, if only it had a rear charge point it'd be completely perfect (so I can back on to the drive).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Jrsteve
I had it for 2 months with no problems. I had a freelander amd I find the car to be quite larger. Getting used to that especially in our roads in Malta.
I do short commutes and charge everyday. I would say it gives closer to 40 than 50km. The ride is great..like hovering on the road. Feel free to send any questions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just curious why anyone investing 6-figures in a vehicle is seeking approval/feedback from others? Why not test drive the vehicle and determine for yourself if it suits your favor?

Also be aware, the new P360 and P400 'mild hybrid' I-6 are now available for order, delivery dates in NA are beginning in August. JLR has reconfigured their trim packages; disappointingly the LWB and 'extended leather' is not available in P400 HSE. This new engine, while supported by hybrid electric motor and small Li-Ion battery pack, is NOT a plug-in. The new I-6 figures to be considerably smoother, more refined and offer much broader power delivery than the P400e I-4.

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
the PHEV has huge tax advantages and regulation preference (congestion zones, etc) in Europe. Also, test driving a few hundred miles is usually not an option dealers would love to offer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts