RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find out if what I am experiencing is unusual, or just a result of JLR's still useless software.

1) When I am plugged in the AC or heated seats refuse to switch on. So if I am charging in the winter (just reaslised this) I have to sit in a cold car. If I unplug everything works. This seems crazy?

2) Carplay when it works is generally excellent and uses the screen so much better than the JLR UI (it only works about 30% of the time - mostly returns an error saying Carplay not available). When it does work, pressing an icon on Carplay still takes 3-5 seconds to change the screen to the selected item - The old RRS was really slow - this is better but still slow - but 5 seconds to select an item in Carplay - is this normal?

3) Carplay (part 2) - once I am in Carplay there appears to be no way to get back out of it to return to the main screen. If I disconnect the phone from the USB the screen hangs - I can now access nothing - even if I reconnect the phone - the only way to get the screen back is to stop, switch the car off and back on. (PS - why can I not access carplay over Bluetooth like the dealer said?) Is there anyway to go "backup" to the car SW from Carplay?

4) OTA SW update - couldn't find out anywhere if the update could download and install whilst I am away from the car so I sat in the car. It downloaded, then installed, then returned to the screen saying v18 is installed, asking if I want to check for updates, where it downloads, installs, returns to screen, checks, downl........you get the idea. OTA does not work.

5) Brake vagueness - the brake pedal seems to have two feelings - one - where something happens, maybe regen, and then a much harder physical braking feel through the pedal. There is no graceful change between the two - the car physically judders when the transition point between the two happens. I cannot believe JLR have launched this car with such a poor quality hybrid braking mechanism. Dealer says nothing wrong, but you have a spongy section, then an agressive section which you hit when you realise the first part is not linear (press harder, brake more) you need to press harder still.

6) This point relates to something no-one here can help but I am really, really disappointed with the software. Yes, it is faster (slighty) than the last model, but it is still unintuitive, illogical, still too slow, and has a really poor use of the insane amount of space that two screens affords.

I love the car, and have driven Hybrids and full EVs for 5 years, but this the P400e is a real disappointment and so far behind what other people are making in terms of drivetrain and still has a truly shocking user interface that I would not buy one again, and that comes from someone who has owned a RRS since they started making them.

If anyone else has any similar experiences, or has had them resolved I would love to hear from you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have to ask...…..why on earth did you buy one? all L494's Infotainment are known to be a bit laggy. Surely you did a test drive beforehand??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts