RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 60 of 240 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Well, it's one thing to read about it and another thing to actually see it in real life.

·
Registered
P525
217 Posts
I don‘t understand why not reading the specs sheet correctly once ordering such a different technic. There is written from day one, „reduced boot space“ for the PHEV. My first thing was to find, how much the difference is. It looses 4,6cm in height, but the width and depth remains the same. I was still searching around for real pictures and found this and I posted it in November 14th at rrsport.co.uk to help others. http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic49326.htmlFor me it is still OK, but honestly the boot space is anyway a joke comparing to the competition.BestRené

Attachments

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Classic
19 Posts
yep... you see the cubic dimensions in the specifications - but its not the same as the dog looking at the boot and saying " me?..two hours? ..in there- and you paid how much ?!?!?"

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
So less than two inches lost is a disappointment and reason for your dog to see a therapist? :lol:

Common folks, there were bound to be changes with new tech involving any internal combustion engine AND a full plug in drive train. Does 4.6cm/1.8in in floor height loss really make a difference in a Sport? Think about it. That is only a carry on bag and a half at max size spread out to only 1.8 inches tall.

The standard 494 has only 27.5cf where the 320 had 33.8. P400e is still at 24.8cf.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I was cueing to get a roofbox fitted on my rental car last WE when I noticed a new RRS P400e cued up in the line to fit one as well... the owner was super excited about the car - apart from the bootspace which is really small indeed.He ordered his car beginning of December and received it two weeks ago.So deliveries are taking place in Belgium.The day after, I noticed a brand new RRS was towed away on the highway, not sure which motorization but let's hope it was not a P400e...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was worried aabout the less loadspace but I knew about it but I just couldn't visualise what it would be like. I am happy to wait for the 2019MY in the end if there are teething problems with the new tech.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Classic
19 Posts
heres a stupid question ...whats the difference between 2018MY and 2019MY? Are there some upgrades coming - or is it merely the assumption that by 2019 the niggles will be removed from the car..?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think this has been discussed somewhere, dekoene posted an update. I was just randomly shifted to the new model year. I do know that Kaikoura stone is not available on the 19 model year as I had to make another choice. There were no changes apart from a new driver aid package if i remember rightly. It is my assumption that later models will have some niggles removed. E.g. with my Velar the TFT screen regularly glitches and the map disappears and the touch sensitive steering wheel buttons are not very responsive. I would hope that in later versions this doesn't occur.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Seems a lot of RRS P440e are on the way to the dealers ! (at least here in Belgium) Mine is comming this friday at the Metropool Hasselt (and from what I heard not only mine!)

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
18 Posts
Just saw two P400e's in full camo testing on US40 Berthod Pass this am. (Colorado Mountains) They were doing accent at speed limit. Looked like they weren't having any issues, so I'm betting the release of the electrics aren't far away. I've seen these pair here before so they've obviously been doing many months of tests on the cars ability to climb to 10k feet.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Got mine yesterday guys absolutely stunning peice of engineering I must say
Absolutely congratulations and I hope there will be exactly 0 problems with your vehicle.Given the brand new powertrain, there are some questions floating around about the hybrid. I'd like to ask someone who already owns one, apologies for somewhat hijacking the thread.Specifically, I heard that under 20-25 degrees Fahrenheit / -4 -5 Celsius, the electric engine shuts down and only the 4 banger is to carry the car. Do you guys have any knowledge or documentation on this? I didn't see any reference in the user manual.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
24 Posts
Got mine yesterday guys absolutely stunning peice of engineering I must say
Congratulations. I still do not have news about the delivery of my p400e. I would much rather explain something more about the RR. Especially hybryd mode.elmer

·
Registered
22 Posts
Was at the garage this friday, I saw the delivery hall, more than 30 cars were delivered on thursday and friday. A lot of p400e (range sport and full range) Mine will be prepared so the guys from protech can put the film and the coating on wednesday and thursday. So delivery can be arranged for next friday. At last

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Was at the garage this friday, I saw the delivery hall, more than 30 cars were delivered on thursday and friday. A lot of p400e (range sport and full range) Mine will be prepared so the guys from protech can put the film and the coating on wednesday and thursday. So delivery can be arranged for next friday. At last
RRS_BE, who will do the coating with protech? And what do you mean by film? I'm looking for a good reference for window tinting and coating of the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, Dekoene - Protech turnhout (http://protechturnhout.be/) will do the job, as they are the closest to the dealer (Metropool Hasselt). But I was also in contact with Cornelis BOR from ProTech Monte-Carlo – GENT, Bor BVBA – Industrieweg 122 A8 - 9032 WONDELGEM don't know were you are but they go in the whole country. I choose a transparent protective film for the front + coating the whole car. As said before another option was Ceramic Pro Belgium (Hasselt) but they did not answers with a quote before I had to decide. Philippe

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi dekoene, Here a copy of the other post about coating and film - >> Just ordered at protech.mc (the one in turnhout: http://protechturnhout.be) a front film (Ultimate protection to preserve the bodywork against impact from the road (gravel debris, insects, etc.) by depositing a transparent protective film. The film we provide you with is a high-quality, transparent and self-repairing film, with a thickness of more than 150 microns. This film can be applied onto the most sensitive areas of your vehicle: hood, front wings, rocker panel, headlights, bumpers, wing mirrors. This service is perfectly compatible with Protech ® ™ Paint treatment.) and ProTech 3D+ (nieuwe wagen) - Categorie D 1 € 983,471 21% € 1.190,00 Coating (Repulses the elements. Created by ProTech® Monte-Carlo, this treatment is the very essence of more than 25 years of research and development. It permanently bonds to the paint’s natural structure to protect against ageing and deposits an active anti-adhesive and dirt-repellent coating. Acting like a protective shield, ProTech® 3D+ treatment enhances your car’s deep colour, bright shine and like-new look. Its repellent properties keep your car clean for longer and make cleaning effortless.) https://www.ceramicpro.be/ is also present in belgium but still waiting for their quote ... As said, decided today to go for protech after reading their site and compare ceramic coating with their coating.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Hi dekoene, Here a copy of the other post about coating and film - >> Just ordered at protech.mc (the one in turnhout: http://protechturnhout.be) a front film (Ultimate protection to preserve the bodywork against impact from the road (gravel debris, insects, etc.) by depositing a transparent protective film. The film we provide you with is a high-quality, transparent and self-repairing film, with a thickness of more than 150 microns. This film can be applied onto the most sensitive areas of your vehicle: hood, front wings, rocker panel, headlights, bumpers, wing mirrors. This service is perfectly compatible with Protech ® ™ Paint treatment.) and ProTech 3D+ (nieuwe wagen) - Categorie D 1 € 983,471 21% € 1.190,00 Coating (Repulses the elements. Created by ProTech® Monte-Carlo, this treatment is the very essence of more than 25 years of research and development. It permanently bonds to the paint’s natural structure to protect against ageing and deposits an active anti-adhesive and dirt-repellent coating. Acting like a protective shield, ProTech® 3D+ treatment enhances your car’s deep colour, bright shine and like-new look. Its repellent properties keep your car clean for longer and make cleaning effortless.) https://www.ceramicpro.be/ is also present in belgium but still waiting for their quote ... As said, decided today to go for protech after reading their site and compare ceramic coating with their coating.
Thanks - I read the post afterwards. I noticed they do window tinting as well! Great!

41 - 60 of 240 Posts