RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any delivery of a Hybrid P400e RRS MY2018 (or soon MY2019)?

It seems they have issues delivering the high demand (especially here in Belgium due to recent changes in fiscale regulations)
But I would like to understand if the build überhaupt started... I have the impression they have quality issues with the build and therefore delaying all the orders.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My order is from Oct. 17 and the fixed building date is mid June.
Called my garage today and still in time even with svo colour.

The informatiin from my garage is, the General delay is coming from a longer than expected fine tuning need for the Hybrid/Engine crossings.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably you have one of the first orders as the order book opened only as of mid-October.
That's exactly what I was thinking - the complexity of the hybrid technology caused a delay of 6 months it seems.

I was informed yesterday of a first delivery towards a dealer in BE but most likely this is a demo/test car.

Please keep us posted when the car actually got delivered.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am going to summarise what I know - I ordered the plug in hybrid in mid November 2017.

- Original delivery date February
- Communication from factory stating delivery date July
- COmmunication from dealer saying order will now be converted into a MY 2019 and delivered in Autumn
- Kaikoura stone no longer available

There have been factory shut downs in the UK but I agree with de Koene I think there is a problem with the interaction between the two engines and ensuring smoothness. This was definitely the case with the l405 but maybe it is also the case with the sport.

Lessors from Germany and Netherlands are trying to source hybrids from Belgian dealers but having no luck. There seems to be a general continental EU block on deliveries. The first plug in hybrid deliveries have already started in Belgium.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi everyonel. I placed the order for a RR p400e on November 8 in Spain.
Almost a month ago I received a letter from Land Rover explaining to me that they had an unusual and important delay in deliveries due to an excess of sales and that they had to re-order the orders. They also told me that they would call me from my dealer in Barcelona to give me more explanations but it has been almost a month and I still do not know anything.
All is A big disaster.
I believe that orders have been sent to model 2019 for deliveries from October per is a personal opinion
elmer

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can understand the high demand on the hybrid car. My salesman alone (they are with 5 in that dealership) sold more than 150 of them in december only...

But if they can't keep up with the high demand, I expect a clear communication and new timeline. This can't be that hard if you know the number of units you can produce on a weekly basis... :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Update, at the online car sales site for netherlans is an P400e RRS for sale since the weekend and in Germany a P400e RR.
So the cars are actually being built and getting delivered. Good news for us.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi ,
I had another update. My car was ordered Nov 2017 and now being delivered Sept 2018 (apparently) but it will be a model year 2019. They gave me a few extras to compensate for the long delay.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I received as well feedback from LRJ Belgium that my delivery would not be impacted (set for Aug/Sept) as they opened more build slots for Belgium to coop with the high demand.

So only early orders promised to be delivered in March/June may have been impacted due to some fine tuning issues and the limited number of available build slots.

What extra's did they promise you?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered mine (uk) in mid Oct....and still nothing. Seems dealerships do have test drive models on the forecourt ,so would have assumed they had sorted out any engine issues?.....but I still don't have any delivery date. Another warning sign may be that JLR still haven't even applied to the Governments OLEV site for the car to be added to the EVHS list to make it "plug in grant eligible"...So if you do get the car you would needlessly have to pay GBP 500more than you should for your wall box to be fitted...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At least we don't have that tax in Belgium on wall boxes.

I got another update from my salesman that it will be probably beginning of October instead of end of August/Sept. :-(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, my dealer still tells me My car will be build on 15 of june and delivered to me in the week of 7 of july.

Will keep you informed after 15 of june if it was build or not :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered in October and my vehicle is at the dealer awaiting handover. It cant be handed over because of an 'Update Prior to Sale Notice' issued by JLR instructing dealers to 'Hold' due to a potential faulty fuel tank sender unit. My vehicle can continue to be driven with any repair instructions to be communicated separately. A further update is to be issued tomorrow but this may be a further 'hold only'. Very Frustrating having waited so long, I am pushing dealer to get the vehicle released without joy so far.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,682 Posts
Nothing to forgive Elmer. Forum guidelines ask folks to add a real location to their profile. This allows folks to answer market specific questions and in your case know where his dealer is located... in a ball park/regional way. :thumb:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,682 Posts
601, there is nothing your dealer can do if there is a safety concern with initial builds. Where ever your market is you are playing the guinea pig with the very first bunch of 400e off the assembly line. Here in the NAS market they were never, nor should they have been available as 2018 MY deliveries. Although ordering is open here, it has always been as a 2019 MY. Optioning and pricing are not even finalized. Dealers have limited info just to place orders to hold allotment positions.

Would you insist it be released to you with the chance of running out of fuel or if it is a leaking sender unit your new rig catching on fire? :?

Please add your location to your profile as noted in the guidelines and at the top of the intro section...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm thinking that the fact they have them running as demonstrators at the dealerships means its not that serious a fault. I get the feeling that the rumour around shortage of batteries from the german company who build them may be more near the truth. Its not just Tesla who cant seem to get production right...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
At least we are getting some more info now on the reason(s) of the delay. Thanks for providing this feedback guys!

I just hope not be the guinea pig again... I had my part before with my Tesla :-(

·
Registered
1 Posts
First RRS P400e 's were delivered end of May '18 in Belgium (ordered nov '17) ... and are driving around already ... had the chance to ride in one and I must say : 'well done Land Rover'

1 - 20 of 217 Posts