RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Does anyone has more info about the 32amp option to charge the car? I have a blue 32amp single phase industrial plug at home which I used to charge my Tesla. But I have no idea I can charge the RRS with it. More specs available? What about the wallbox they mention? I can't find any more info about this 32amp charging option...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Who installed it for you? Can anyone do it? Is there any government subsidy in Flanders to do this?
Also can you charge the p400e at any charge points in town , car parks etc or do you ahve to buy some kind of adaptor?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed it myself. I added a 32A fuse and an extra counter and guided the wire towards the garage. It's fairly easy to do.
As only single phase is entering the house, the 3 phase (heavier) connection was not an option. (it is but expensive)

I still have a TYPE 2 charging cable from my Tesla which can be used for the RRS as well. This is a cable you can use for charging at public stations. It has a type 2 connector on both sides.

I'm not aware of any subsidy in Flanders. Maybe if you make it public available but I never explored this.

I was looking up some more info last night on the type of charger and found more info on the charger they used in the Jag's I-pace. This is a single phase 7kW charger on 32Amps. I assume they used the same in the RRS.

In that case, the set-up at my place is perfect as I can deliver 7.4kW. (35km/h)

JLR is providing in accessory a mode 2 universal charger with changeable plug I assume.

But I make some assumptions - can anyone confirm them?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have solar panels which is one reason why i bought the p400e.
I have just a standard plug outside the garage that i can disconnect from the inside to stop others using it whilst I am not there. I am thinking to installa wall box but not sure if it is worthwhile as I just leave it to charge overnight in any case.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed, as the battery is rechargeable overnight via a schuko plug with the default charger, you don't need a heavier charger and I don't see the added value for a wall box neither.

I still have a JuiceBooster v2 as well which in fact is a mobile charging station. I can fix it in the garage as an alternative for the default charger of Land Rover. https://www.juice-technology.co/juice-booster

I asked my dealer for the CEE solution (Mode 2 universal charger) but they told me the parts are not yet up for sale... they will check with the BELUX importer.

I don't understand that they sell products on their website which are not yet available. :shock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts