RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i've a brand new RRS p400 3.0 i6 and I'm pretty happy apart from the sound which is almost not existing. I did some research if there's an aftermarket exhaust with valves but I couldn't find anything. I also did some research about ecu maps but apparently nothing existing.

Does someone have more informations?

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
I saw this recently. I have the p360 version and have the same complaint. It's my biggest complaint about the car honestly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QuickSilver just released an exhaust for this model, as far as I know, it’s the only brand that has an exhaust for the P400 at the moment.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'll never understand the fascination for exhaust sound. I had a BMW X5M for a short period (what a crappy car) and a 50i for a couple of years and I was always ashamed when accelerating (even at far-from-"flooring" levels) it because I had the feeling I'd wake half the neighborhood, and it was fickin annoying inside the cabin as well. I am SO happy with my totally quiet RRS.

Well, to each his own.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'll never understand the fascination for exhaust sound. I had a BMW X5M for a short period (what a crappy car) and a 50i for a couple of years and I was always ashamed when accelerating (even at far-from-"flooring" levels) it because I had the feeling I'd wake half the neighborhood, and it was fickin annoying inside the cabin as well. I am SO happy with my totally quiet RRS.

Well, to each his own.
Yeah for me there's a middle ground. I'd just like a little more of a growl on acceleration. The V6 had that, but they lost it with the inline 6. WHen you take away exhaust sound you're left with some whiney whooshy type noises that aren't very satisfying. Its a great engine otherwise. I think the way BMW tunes their turbo inline 6 exhausts (X5 40i in particular) is a good solution. X5M is overkill for sure- but understandbale given the type of vehicle it is (same as RRS SVR).

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think nowadays BMW relies heavily on "sound enhancers", ie artificial sound generated through loudspeakers. They started this with the predecessor of the current M5, IIRC (right after the V10 was killed).

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
298 Posts
I think nowadays BMW relies heavily on "sound enhancers", ie artificial sound generated through loudspeakers. They started this with the predecessor of the current M5, IIRC (right after the V10 was killed).
I agree. Too many manufacturers are doing this now. It’s kinda like using cheat codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
What you want is an ECU tune, done by an actual dyno shop. They tweak the computer in the car to maximise performance by tweaking ignition timing (running higher octane fuel) increasing/ better maintaining boost levels on the turbo and increasing throttle response. And also smooth out a power/torque curve achieved on the car dyno.
This can increase a cars overall feel, responsiveness and increase power and torque (5-15% for a stage 0)
A stage 0 tune requires no additional parts to be bought, they can either flash your current ECU with the new program or purchase a second ECU with the modded flash on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts