RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some front light gaurds and clear side indicators off p38 spares.co.uk ( aka p38spares.com ) after a recommendation on this forum. Unfortunately this has been a complete farce.

After a couple of emails to and fro finding out if they could get some parts not listed on their site (which they couldn't) and getting postage estimates, I ordered the lights and guards on 25 November. Paid on 27 November and got an email confirming receipt of funds on 28 November. All good so far.

17 Dec, Hoping to get the stuff before Xmas I emailed asking for a tracking number or anything - no reply. Figured they might have closed for the hols so didn't worry about it.

21 Jan, I email again asking what's happened. Fairly immediate reply telling me the items were returned by the Royal Mail due to insuffcient postage and that the business had been on hold for the previous 2 weeks while moving to new premises.Asked if I wanted to pay the extra postage or get a refund. Told me he'd have the quote for postage in a couple of hours.

4 Feb, Still waiting for that quote. Email - no reply

7 Feb, Still waiting for that quote. Email yet again - not putting my life on hold waiting.

I've been patient cos I'm in absolutely no rush, and have been mad busy with house renovations for the last month.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I recomended then on this site a while ago, honestly I had brilliant service from them and they can get items to me in remote namibia. I have not used them for a while I have another source for parts. So Im sorry to hear about your ordeal and hope it gets sorted out fast.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have delt with p38 spares, their service used to be good although thier communication skills have always been poor. Last six months I have been using Island 4x4 as thier service is fantastic.

I have also had issues with p38's parts quality too and when I complained I never got a reply, so thats when I went to Island 4x4.

They do ship world wide and some times they sell on ebay, so you can pay via paypal.

Please note: I have no conection with Island 4x4.

Sid.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Also some of the parts listed on Island4x4 are actually cheaper than an official Britpart/BM/Allmakes distributor can buy them direct for. I'm pretty sure their EAS parts are purchased direct from Dunlop with no intermediary. As a result you won't find a cheaper part in the UK.

·
Registered
640 Posts
SID said:
I have been using Island 4x4 as thier service is fantastic.
I'll Second That, never had any issues with price or quality of parts either. :thumb:

I don't have any connection with Island 4x4 either, just a customer.

Cheers

·
Registered
128 Posts
Rich998a said:
Also some of the parts listed on Island4x4 are actually cheaper than an official Britpart/BM/Allmakes distributor can buy them direct for. I'm pretty sure their EAS parts are purchased direct from Dunlop with no intermediary. As a result you won't find a cheaper part in the UK.
True, £115 for TWO Dunlop front air springs, delivered to me last week :D :D

Sid.

·
Registered
199 Posts
21 Jan, I email again asking what's happened. Fairly immediate reply telling me the items were returned by the Royal Mail due to insuffcient postage and that the business had been on hold for the previous 2 weeks while moving to new premises.Asked if I wanted to pay the extra postage or get a refund. Told me he'd have the quote for postage in a couple of hours.
Under UK law they have tenderred a quote and taken your money both of which (seperately) are a binding contract. It doesn't matter whether they can no longer supply at that price for whatever reason (it would be different if it was an estimate). They are bound by the Consumer Act to supply the goods or you could take them to court where you would win. And tey will know this. A quick search on .goc.uk will give you the appropriate section of the act. Perhaps you should mention you are going to contact http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

By the way. I will never buy from any company tht does not give a trading address. and especially not one that only has a mobile number.

:pray:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Col said:
SID said:
I have been using Island 4x4 as thier service is fantastic.
I'll Second That, never had any issues with price or quality of parts either. :thumb:

I don't have any connection with Island 4x4 either, just a customer.

Cheers
I'll third them. excellent service so far!

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
SID said:
Rich998a said:
True, £115 for TWO Dunlop front air springs, delivered to me last week :D :D

Sid.
You see, I can't even buy at trade at that price - once VAT and delivery is added on... :snooty: They must buy direct from the Dunlop factory.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Kindda offtopic, but I never had anything but top service from Duncan at Britcar (UK). He's my go-to guy whenever I need to buy parts from the UK.

N.

·
Registered
517 Posts
TehPriest said:
By the way. I will never buy from any company tht does not give a trading address. and especially not one that only has a mobile number.

I am with you on this and they are actually breaking the law by not giving a full geographical address. This is a requirement of the Distance Selling Regulations for any transaction where payment in advance required.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The business has just moved to Llandudno in Nth Wales so I'm not fussed about the address and I'm not jumping into legal proceeding; pretty sure there was a trading address previously on the website. Andrew who's the fella I've been dealing with at p38spares seems quite pleasant and somewhat apologetic for the delays.

8 Feb, received email giving me a fedex price.

·
Registered
640 Posts
rogan said:
8 Feb, received email giving me a fedex price.
Perhaps he's been reading these posts. :lol:

Cheers

·
Registered
199 Posts
AMcK said:
TehPriest said:

I am with you on this and they are actually breaking the law by not giving a full geographical address. This is a requirement of the Distance Selling Regulations for any transaction where payment in advance required.
By the way he really needs to check out his web site's url registration as well as WHOIS gives it as belonging to a "non-trading individual who has opted to have their address omitted from the WHOIS service."

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
11 Feb, well cover me in honey and throw me to the wild lesbians, goods arrived in perfect condition !!

·
Registered
218 Posts
NachoMan77 said:
Kindda offtopic, but I never had anything but top service from Duncan at Britcar (UK). He's my go-to guy whenever I need to buy parts from the UK.

N.
Duncan is local to me and is inded a top fella.

·
Registered
56 Posts
drifting a little off topic but I spoke to Island 4x4 couple of days ago ref the OEM front airbags on fleaBay and the guy there advised me to go direct to the Island website where the bags had free shipping. Bought the bits + a few other 'essentials', and they arrived next day and I got them fitted that afternoon and was back on the road by teatime, great service.

I have also used P38 spares recently for something via ebay and didnt have any issues at all there either.

Gordon
(quickly becoming an P38 expert!! `) )

1 - 18 of 18 Posts