RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on an 8 day, 2500 mile adventure to Baja Mexico last week. I met up with a buddy from the SoCal LR Club at the border, and south we headed. We stayed mainly near Gonzaga Bay but ventured as far south as Bahia de Los Angeles (BOLA). Border crossings were easy and we never had any issues with safety. My buddy's P38 did have some suspension issues, but he had GenIII airsprings installed and I suspect the installer didn't tighten the nuts properly. When we got to Coco's Corner, the nuts on both front shocks were gone as well as the bushings. We found some nuts from a race team practicing for the Baja 1000 and then got some bushings down in BOLA that fit correctly. Overall, an incredible journey and one I highly recommend. The people and food are amazing!

2013_baja25.jpg

2013_baja44.jpg

2013_baja72.jpg

2013_baja56.jpg

2013_baja47.jpg

baja_surf_p38s_far.jpg

2013_baja75.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Sounds like a superb trip and a great adventure!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Nice. About 20 years ago I drove my Yamaha XT600 from LA all thru Baja.Then hit the ferry from LA Paz to the mainland and went all the way to Belize. Don't think I'd do that again. But I travel to Baja now and then.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A lot of people are scared about safety and warnings, but we never felt uneasy or saw anything suspicious. Baja needs more tourism and many places were empty. The people are very open an inviting and great to visit with. I can't wait to go back and bring the family. The NorCal Land Rover group is planning a trip down to Baja in April 2014 that I am hoping to attend. It will be either Baja or Death Valley depending on dates ad vacation schedules.

The Baja 1000 starts today which brings a lot of folks down. We saw a few race teams pre-running the race and we drove on parts of the course. Can't imagine doing it at 100+ mph though! Would love to go down next year and see the race.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts