RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 p38a and it's been pretty good for quite some time. However today I ran into a new EAS fault on my drive home. Here's my set up right now.

All new Airbags all around
Rebuilt air suspension valve block
replaced heat override on compressor
Rebuilt compressor with new piston seal etc.
Replaced timer delay with regular relay to remove wake up
I know I have an old engine compartment relay and fuse panel that I've ordered to replace, largely due to the blower motor issue, but I know that's not the issue.

After getting home, I put the timer relay back in since I think it's connected to the diagnostics. When I plug into the OBD with my black box kicker, it powers up but I cannot read faults or read height sensors. YES I realize that the blackbox EAS may be faulty now but it's worked every **** time. I will look for a local shop who may have an EAS fault tool but wondering if there's other things I should look at in between.

Thanks

Matthew

·
Registered
770 Posts
The kickers are great to keep in the glove box, youd be better off getting a cable and disc with the rsw software to read the faults

·
Super Moderator
2,090 Posts
Check the multiway connectors behind both front kick panels in the footwells. The LH one carries a lot of the EAS wiring while the RH one carries wiring to the OBD socket.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both suggestions. I recently had the panels out and confirmed that they connectors are in good shape and sound. The folks at black box solutions think it’s a kicker hardware failure but that doesn’t get me off my bump stops lol. I’ll look into rsw as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a local shop to read and clear fault , pressure switch issue. I also tested pins 7 and 9 to verify the switch was not working (open below pressure and closed above). New switch went in last night and kicker off for warranty repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts