RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a RR 'baby' (only had my P38 4.0SE PETROL - yes 95 octane pure thrills, just under a year) I am naturally now cautious when messing - wifey says if it ain't broke don't mess my motto WAS to see how many parts you can end up with after dismantling and rebuilding BUT this forum requires respect and my sensible head says ask, ask, ask, check, check, check and ask and then do it again before doing OWT (Yorkshire, England [UK] expression and no doubt our extended bretheren will add so much more).

Sorry I digress - a previous post had me asking about wheels tyres for mud etc ~ ended up buying a set (4) of 16" alloys for £40 and am saving for some rock hard rubber -- er mud tyres I mean = just re-read a post that shows a set of Classic alloys on a P38 - the forum main page states P38 wheels can't be fitted to Classics due to swivel joints etc which I kinda understand but I could never confirm whether Classic wheels could be fitted to Mk2's ~ immaterial now in my case but maybe a full stop moment for others if this could be confirmed ie a direct replacement

Attachments

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Those wheels aren't Range Rover Classic's, those are 95-96 P38 wheels

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
996TURBO said:
Those wheels aren't Range Rover Classic's, those are 95-96 P38 wheels
Indeed, the car in the picture is mine (also a 4.0 SE :wink: ) but I have used the wheels from my old 2.5DT, the only version that used this design.
I quite like 'em, because they resemble the RRC Vogue wheels. Especially with the Mickey Thompsons it gives the car a different look (and I really didn't like the DII wheels the car came on).

Using RRC (or Defender) wheels is not an option unfortunately, because the bolt pattern is different. Using spacers is far from ideal, because the different offset combined with the spacers would add about 10 cm to the trackwidth.

Greetz,

Filip

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, told you I was a just a 'wee babby' still learning [to crawl].... (think I'll just do that now under my rock) - seriously thanks for the clarification - need to pay more attention in class ~ just honestly thought they were RRC wheels...

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
It's very true that those wheels looks like Vogue wheels from Range Rover Classics but those aren't colour coded which could look very good and trouble some juniors even more :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
996TURBO said:
It's very true that those wheels looks like Vogue wheels from Range Rover Classics but those aren't colour coded which could look very good and trouble some juniors even more :mrgreen:
I've been thinking about colourcoding them, but never got round to it or found a shop that could do a good job for a reasonable price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts