RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace both headlights on my '00 RR. I have not seen a writeup for the conversion, is there one available? I am assuming that both headlights and marker lights are required as well as the grill panel from a 03-05. How have others made brackets? Pros and cons to the swap? How well do they really fit?

Thanks,
Kyle

EDIT: searched and found more info, I was searching the wrong terms or something :D

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Would you like to keep this post up so the bashing and jokes can begin, or would you like to save your self and havme delete the post now? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
mmm , Im keen to do this conversion too but not sure and if I did it would be front lights only.
If its for light quality issue you have cos the rangie hasnt got the best of lights in the first place then be sure that your
alternator is good along with the mod with cable from alt to battery is in place makes a big difference along with new
desent light bulbs, dusty inner headlight reflectors dont help either but easily cleaned

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rrtoadhall said:
Would you like to keep this post up so the bashing and jokes can begin, or would you like to save your self and havme delete the post now? :mrgreen:
meh, this forum is weak sauce compared to pirate or dweb...
From all of the posts and threads, there are plenty of pictures of it done, but not one picture during the progress or of brackets made... I might give up and see if someone will trade the 03-05 lights I have for some 01-02 black surround ones... both the ones on my 00 are cracked...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its too much work.

im gonna sell the ones i have. I bought some 00-02 repplacements off of ebay.

The 03+ wont fit without the hood not closing all of the way and it looks a little disprooprtionate...

·
Registered
701 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
kmagnuss said:
Finally, somebody gets it.
I Guess You could say He's Seen the Light. :doh:

Cheers

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well,

I must say that my 98 RR looks great with this coversion. Though i must say it's no easy task. It took 1.5+Months for a team of 10-15 guys(electricians, bodywork, mechanics etc) to put together this. There's a lot of cutting/chopping/remoulding/recreating. I have around 100pictures of this task and i will upload all what is necessary once the job is complete (ya it's still going). So anyone who is going to the job will know what are the issues. BTW i think the sports/2006+ headlamps are much easier to convert than the <=2005 square headlamps.

Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts