RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK slowly getting this rig squared away and when I went to take it for a test drive I pressed on the brake and slid it into R and pressed on the gas and nothing but engine revving...same for D and every other gear. So I crawled underneath and checked the neutral position cable that does the shifting and attaches to the tranny. clicked it through all of the gears effortlessly and made sure everything was OK and tried everything again and same thing ...nothing. The correct gears light up on the shifter plate the only thing not happening is the part where you move forward or backwards. I had recently played around swapping out some fuses and relays other than that I'm at a loss....you guys collectively know everything there is to know about these frustrating but lovable beasts ...any ideas?

Oh and the shifter interlock thing isn't opening up to allow me to shift when its supposed to ...having to do it manually

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
So,
Messing with fuses?.......Did you by any chance put in the "Missing" fuse on the Becm? Fuse 11 in the upper right corner.
Inserting this fuse puts the transfer case in neutral for towing.
Pull it back out, and it should be back to normal.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Tried to edit, but timed out.......
If still no joy, and as the fusebox has been disturbed, it is possible you have dislodged something internally.
Give it a good physical inspection for loose contacts, burnt bits, etc.
If it is the factory engine bay box, it may need replacement, as they do take a lot of heat and become unreliable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Bolt ... checking it now and keeping my fingers crossed because I did just have to tow it recently and I may have left a fuse in the #11 spot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts