RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help out with a winch bumper for a P38.
Where to get one made ? does anyone have a design I could use ?
I've read somewhere that you can easily adapt the disco2 winch bumper, has anyone done this?

Spent ages looking and all available are in the US or Australia and so expensive .. Please prove me wrong `)

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
First off, where are you located?
I am in the process of knocking out a couple more rear bumpers, then onto the front winch bumpers.
Here is the thread for the rears..........
viewtopic.php?t=37506
And some sliders i knocked up...........
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30879
Front to follow, but I am thinking along the lines of ARB bumpers where the winch is recessed behind the front panel of the bumper.
No start on it yet, as I have a job that takes me away from home for long periods, but a front is in the works for sure :thumb:
I was going to finish off the 3 rears I have going, then make a couple sets of sliders. I was then going to rebuild my "spare" motor and get that all going, but I guess more demand and deposits may change my mind.....

Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
That's from UK

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Another dinner tray front bumper :naughty:
Looks like the Rock Rover setup to me, or a copy of it?

Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Man that bumper sticks out there :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep seen many photos of that Rangie..

BUT WHERE DOES IT COME FROM???
Where is the secret P38 winch bumper society getting them made?
Is this some branch of the masons ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
They can keep it IMHO.
Looks like a copy of the Rock Rover Dinner Service winch bumper :lol:
I will have a look at the front when I get the rears finished off (2 will be today, with 1 more to go), and knock out a few sets of sliders to see if someone actually wants to put money where their mouth is :think: Then I will pull the front bumper and see what the deal is there, but if I cant make one that looks good and mounts the winch behind the bumper, I wont bother with making any except for maybe myself and Scotty. If I cant improve on it, I wont bother....... :thumb
Martin

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Nor the Home Depot snorkel either....... :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh such helpful posts...................
If I was in the USA or Australia Id just but one and not ask for help..

Yes the rock rover bumper sticks out a bit.
those lights look pants and will light the sky like the millenium falcon and I'm sure the wiring is as bad.
The hoover pipe up the window looks great... Are we done now?

P38 WINCH BUMPER IN THE UK PLEASE ?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Touchy touchy! :lol:
I am thinking that one will need to be made by any good fab shop mate.
With such a small market for the P38's I doubt there is anyone mass producing one yet, if they indeed ever do.
When I get the front finished, I may feel generous and send you some plans though :thumb:

Martin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not that Touchy, just wanted the slaggin match over that's all.. Its a shame the market is small, I think it will become better when the P38 becomes less precious.
Im having great fun with my cheap diesel manual and I'm surprised at how capable it is off road. So far just flattened a bit of the exhaust when I hit a rut when exiting down a slope.. Not good now its even slower :lol:
Im sure the owner of the black one we have taken a pop at made the best of what he could find.

It would be great if you would share your design with me, Id also like to see the ones for the slider and the rear bumper too.
Rick

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi,

Well I like the first one :) yes the bumper sticks out, but I don´t think it's bad at all. ;)

This last one are my favorite, I just love Sue's Truck. :) See in my facebook the pictures in the photo album of this RR in action.. just great...

Regards
Sérgio

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Tubular bumpers are not my thing per say. Not seen too many since the 80's... :lol:
Rig looks pretty well built though :thumb:
I like the ARB style for the front winch mount bumpers.
Dont ask us though, if you see something YOU like, get it! :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its was just to show the style. The rig was well done, unfortunately the owner was not that friendly and just said I had them made.
Hope to see yours soon.
Rick

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Rickjw said:
Its was just to show the style. The rig was well done, unfortunately the owner was not that friendly and just said I had them made.
Hope to see yours soon.
Rick
Sorry to hear that. I try to answer all questions etc when someone asks me about stuff on any of our junk :thumb:
Being polite doesnt cost anything after all huh?
Martin

·
Registered
541 Posts
Rickjw, just throw a pile of cash at Martin already and get a killer front bumper and be done with it! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts