RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read a mag, LRO, were a company call Simtek has done the swap with an ex D3 motor. Around £6k plus labour and p38, for 38mpg, 225bhp and 405ib ft. Sounds interesting if you don't mind diesel power. :think:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Now that's the first diesel conversion I read of - that has actually made me interested - though you can a lot of gasoline for the cost.... but the 3.0 TDV6 could be tempting..... (must remember I don't like diesel powered engines)

·
Registered
820 Posts
That TDV6 will leave all the petrol V8's in it's wake.

It's an amazing engine. Probably why i drive my D3 everywhere instead of my range rover.

At 6k + range rover, you'd be better off saving a few more quid & buying a D3.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Rick-the-Pick said:
That TDV6 will leave all the petrol V8's in it's wake.

It's an amazing engine. Probably why i drive my D3 everywhere instead of my range rover.

At 6k + range rover, you'd be better off saving a few more quid & buying a D3.
I think i could be tempted by the conversion and i don't want to drive a 2T 700 brinks wagon ;)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Don't say that until you've driven one.

I've had range rovers for 25 years, starting with the 2 door classics ending with the 2007 vogue. I hated the disco's but these new concept D3's are something else.
They drive just like the new range rover but don't complain when i put all my tools in the back.

However, the TDV6 is a fantastic engine, but the way P38's handle i wouldn't be confident it would be a good choice to convert one.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Rick-the-Pick said:
Don't say that until you've driven one.

I've had range rovers for 25 years, starting with the 2 door classics ending with the 2007 vogue. I hated the disco's but these new concept D3's are something else.
They drive just like the new range rover but don't complain when i put all my tools in the back.

However, the TDV6 is a fantastic engine, but the way P38's handle i wouldn't be confident it would be a good choice to convert one.
Problem is i drove one. It was that or a L322 TD6, we've chosen the L322 for it's class. It's difficult to abandon the king. 8)

I don't see why a P38 that can handle a 4.6 225hp wouldn't cope with a 190hp block. Of course torque maybe a problem if you drive it too hard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts