RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i'm going through some trouble with me stock stereo system. so eff it's a piece of doodoo i'm gonna switch it out. anyone has pictures or instructions to take a p38 door panel off the good way without breaking anything?

my plan is to run a alpine 9886 H/U
Infinity REF6032SI in the rear doors and throw some components in the front doors, i'll have to see what fits. and an alpine pdx150.4.
for the sub stage it's gonna be a 18" Havoc and Sundown SAZ-2000D. i have 3 optima red tops Group 31, kintetik 600 and a batt cap (200 farad capacitor). All i gotta wait for is someone to make a H/O alt for p38. unless there is one out there that i don't know about.

thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
777 Posts
middleman496 said:
take a p38 door panel off the good way without breaking anything?
These are one of the easiest door panels I've ever removed. Remove all the visible screws, and use some plastic wedges pop the clips that hold the outside edge of the panel to the door.

middleman496 said:
All i gotta wait for is someone to make a H/O alt for p38. unless there is one out there that i don't know about.
Depending on how high of an output you need, there are options. You can always retrofit an existing alternator or see what a repair shop can do with your OEM alternator.

Now since I answered your questions, I really could use one of those door amplifiers :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why do you need 4 batteries and a cap on 2 amplifiers, isn't the logic behind using a kintetik battery so you dont have to use a cap? :?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Better invest in some sound deadening if you want something that big.

·
Registered
468 Posts
How big an alternator do you really need. You're not going to be cranking at full noise 24/7 or you'll be deaf by tomorrow. What's the factory size, if it's up over 120a then probably no need to beef it up. IMO put one of the optimas in and the Kinetic, sell the rest and see how you go.

Of course if you're intending to compete in db drags or whatever they are called then disregard everything I've written and chuck everything at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts