Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there

I have a 97 model p38 4.6 HSE. I parked in front of my house last night. Morning my car doesn't start. I have a good battery. The door locks are working normally. When I turn the key to 3, I only hear a click from BECM.

I checked all the fuses, the fuses in the fuse box. SM Relay, Fuel pump relay is working. abs pump working. but the starter relay does not work when I put the key in position 3.

When I push the relay with my hand, the starter is running, but the car doesn't start because there is no ignition.

The starter motor is rotating when I ground the terminal 2 at the C113 socket on the BECM but the car does not start. So from the becm output the main fuse box goes to the cables and all the relays in the fuse box are working.

The message in the display does not display any error messages on the information display.

I'm not receiving a engine disabled message. but the car does not start. What's wrong with me?

·
Super Moderator
3,349 Posts
If the starter can be made to turn the engine over, then as long as the ignition is switched on, it will start. Switch the ignition on, manually make the starter turn (jumper in place of the relay) and the engine should start. Not sure what you mean by pushing the relay with your hand but if you mean that you can make it turn by moving the relay, it sounds as though your fusebox is starting to die and needs repairing or, ideally, replacing.

When you turn the ignition on, does the check engine light on the dash come on? If it doesn't, the BeCM and engine ECM have lost sync and the engine ECM is not being powered up so the starter will be disabled and the ignition and fuel injection will not be turned on. Is the car in P or N? Is the red LED next to the gear lever showing that?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts