RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 p-38 came home on a flatbed after the starter would not energize. All cables tight, battery at 12.87 volts, checked fuses and switched out start relay to no avail.Even tried the old school ..tap the solenoid trick. I noticed I do not have a check eng light light up when I turn key to pos 2.
Could it be the ecu and BeCM security code sync issue?..If so is there a vendor here that sells a reset tool as I don't want to go the the dealer. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
931 Posts
As yours is a Gems it does sound as if the BECM engine ECU security code link has been lost.The engine check light should illuminate to indicate the ecu has received the correct code from the BECM.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As yours is a Gems it does sound as if the BECM engine ECU security code link has been lost.The engine check light should illuminate to indicate the ecu has received the correct code from the BECM.
Thanks John, I guess I'm barking up the right tree, I wonder what a indy gets to reestablish the security code? However I would like to buy a box that would do this if I'm stranded in the field and it happens again.I have been just locking/unlocking with the door key as the remote is missing buttons. (new shell on the way).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts