RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
This is my first time posting here so sorry if this is in a wrong section.
I'm upgrading my factory speakers on my '99 range rover soon, but for now I'm stuck with some not so decent audio. As far as I know, only one or two of the front door speakers are blown, so I guess I can set the sound to the rear mostly. Are there any suggestions to get a deep and clear bass with the original H/K speakers? Right now on some songs from an iPod connected through the cassette sound as if they are underwater or static-y no matter how much the treble/bass is changed.
Help me out please!

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Obviously all speakers functioning properly and a proper aux-in would be the best start, after that i'd say dampen/treat the doors and sealing the openings in the door skin (not the drains). Dynamat is one such product to do this, there are others.

*proper aux-in can be done by US & UK company i forget the name of.

·
Registered
991 Posts
http://www.roverville.us/
These guys can add a Ipod/Iphone jack to your stock radio and it works well. If the problem isn't on all tracks, check your Ipod file type and resolution. Low res MP3 formats discard the extremes end of the audio signals to keep file size small. Nothing can be do to bring it back. Better is a lossless format like the one available in Itunes.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts
Or you can get a new radio. The HK speakers sound awesome with a new radio. I did an Alpine CDE-133BT, and I'm planning on doing an Alpine INE-Z928HD.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts
This sounds like a great solution. I'll do this asap. Thanks!
Make sure you either build the Ray Ambler Attentuators or use an Alpine deck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts