RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have maybe 5 or 6 speakers that function in my truck and at least half of them are now blown out because I have to play them loudly to hear (given the others aren't functioning at all).

So I am going to try and replace the speakers in my car with reasonably priced aftermarket versions (OEM are very hard to come by) and am curious how to do so. Will I not be able to simply remove and replace the existing OEM speakers because of the head unit, subwoofer, or amplifier that is already built into the car?

If I can't go aftermarket, I suppose I can try and buy OEM replacements but they'll either be expensive or will require constant scouring on the web.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

Replaced some of the speakers in my car with aftermarket units. Just remove the door panels and take out the broken speakers and go to a shop where they sell car parts and fit aftermarket sound systems to cars. I could get speakers with the same specs as the originals (ohms and watts) and that had the same size so they fit without any modifications in the door cards.

The original speakers have a plastic layer that connects the paper of the speaker to the metal housing. In my car this plastic had completely fallen apart leaving the center part of the speaker loose causing an awful sound.

Regards

jos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts