Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2001 HSE had a polished metal strip inlaid into the rubber side moldings. Mine has some issues and I came across this under the Upgrades link:

http://www.rangerovers.net/rrupgrades/body/sidetrim.html#ordering

I have e-mailed the person but not heard back. Does anybody know if this member is still active and if so what his username is so I can send a PM?

Thanks.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
I have no idea who "Scott" is and that information hasn;t been updated since at the very least 2012. THere was another thread on this subject just last week or so. You might see if anyone has had luck on that thread.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
167 Posts
Toad- That last thread was mine. I find a set on Ebay but when I received them they are not as wide as the factory strips. They would be fine for someone wanting to add them to the blank rubber strips but not for replacing originals.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Sadly aftermarket is all I think was ever available. There were no replacement inserts made, save for going FULL replacements of the beltline trim for pieces that had degraded. Can you imagine the difficulty of getting a flimsy piece of polished aluminum, or whatever the inserts are, in place without a bend, crinkle or hiccup? I would simply return the items you bought on eBay and live with your current inserts or hunt down a replacement set of rubber strips. There really is little other choice unfortunately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts