RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can we all get together all the secrets in the range rover p38. I mean stuff like holding 3 sec the buttun for interior lights and than inteligent lights are off, stuff like that. And i wanted to ask if there are secret menu's on the dashboard like diagnosis, etc.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
No secret menu. Most "secret" thigns are actually in the owners manual that people are too lazy to read.

I've never heard of "inteligent lights" so I guess I am not too intelligent.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
2,032 Posts
The interior lights will automatically turn off if you leave them switched on after about 3 minutes.

I always forget the little secret things this vehicle does. then i rediscover them by accident. I can't think of any right now. There is a way to shut off the automatically lowering mirrors when you are in reverse.

*Heated Windshield
*Tilt and telescoping steering wheel
*Heated windshield fluid reservoir
*The switch on the transmission shifter that makes it sport in HI range and a Manual Mode in LOW range. i just figured that out one day by accident.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hold the memory seat button for 3 seconds, engine off, key on, in reverse, and they will shut off

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No secret menu. Most "secret" thigns are actually in the owners manual that people are too lazy to read.

I've never heard of "inteligent lights" so I guess I am not too intelligent.
I am not too lazy to read it just my manual is on Italian... :D i have read my manual and didnt find all of the secret menus i had discovered more while playing in the car :D but i am forgeting them

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
848 Posts
I could tell you but then I would have to kill you!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Okay, so it's a bit boring, but did you know...

There is a channel directly behind the back seats that stores the folded backboard when not being used.

·
Registered
922 Posts

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
Undocumented "secret"/fact - to replace the rear wiper blade... have someone operate the rear wiper from inside the vehicle and then pop the upper tailgate open when the blade is near vertical.

Simple eh?

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Okay, so it's a bit boring, but did you know...

There is a channel directly behind the back seats that stores the folded backboard when not being used.
Yup, it's in the owners manual

·
Registered
353 Posts
Is it just me or is it a pain going through the rave? My download opens up as just a cryptic list of directories, am I doing something wrong?

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
without knowing what "cryptic directories" you are looking at htere;s not much we can help with. If you have the verison listed in the FAQ did you follow the directions in the FAQ?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I loaded the version in the FAQ but never read directions, sounds like a good place to start, I'll let you know if I need more help.

Thanks
Eric

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
:lol: No sweat. It's amazing how many people can't get RAVE to work on their computers because they are clicking on the wrong item.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well that works a lot better. Thanks for the headsup. Everything seems a lot less secret now that I can move around in RAVE better.

Cheers,
Eric

·
Registered
536 Posts
One thing i've noticed when driving on petrol, is that on the overrun, the ecu stops injecting fuel to aid engine braking. I would have thought it'd do this in Low Manual mode only, but not so. In Low 1st Manual mode though, the engine braking in pretty impressive!

And another thing, the torque reduction signal from the transmission only works when changing from 1st to 2nd in mine - is that normal?

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
2,032 Posts
*headlight delay: if yo leave the headlights on after you turn off the ignition switch, it'll leave the lights on 1-2 minutes after you turn off the switch.

*rear wiper turns on automatically when you are in reverse and you have the front wipers on.

*you can engage manual mode for the transmission when you are in low range by hitting the switch next to the shifter. this keeps the gear you choose locked in without out it dropping down a gear.

*i also noticed when i first bought it, i could never get the gas door to pop. i was always having to pull the cord behind the tail light access. I finally learned the ignition has to be off to get the door to pop with the button.:oops:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts