RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a P38 Rhino that I recently replaced the secondary air injection pump because the bearing was dry, which resulted in a loud noise while running. With the old pump, it started right up. When I took the pump off to try and replace the bearing, I was able to disassemble the pump but failed to reassemble it. I drove the truck without a pump on it for about 700 miles. After putting the new pump on, I have had issues with the truck starting on the first try (except when cold). On the second try, the truck will turn over if I pump the gas pedal (odd to me as it is not carbureted).

The battery appears to be strong (I will be having it tested in the next few days), I replaced the alternator about three years ago. Wondering if anyone on here has an idea of what I should look at. I do typically have an airbag fault that pops up on the dash, but noticed that no longer shows up (sign of low voltage?). The truck only has 113K miles on it, and is in great shape.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
It has possibly stored some oddball adaptive values.
The SEI blower really only operates at cold start, and then for about 30 seconds.
If yours is running the entire time the engine is on, you have a very different issue, but again, as it injects air into the exhaust stream, it would certainly effect the readings the O2 sensors are seeing. This would possibly effect the adaptive values for fueling. ( At start????)
1- Be sure it only runs for a short time on cold start
2- Reset, or have someone with the proper diagnostic tool reset them for you.
3- Drive it for a while and see if it sorts itself out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts