RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if they're interchangeable? I have a 95 LWB and the PO completely stripped the interior.

If I lived in the UK, it seems interiors are very common, but in the US, they're hard to track down.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
they seem to be mounted the same manner, p38 seats seem to be slightly larger thus may rub but if no other choice exists you may have to perform a little custom.
the front seats will have issues with the controls as the p38's is controlled by the becm while the classic does not have a becm.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
https://youtu.be/77vKHBckbck

Looks like you'll need to cut the rear wheel wells a bit.
different vehicles, the discovery series 1 is narrower on the inside than the classic, even retrofitting classic interior to d1 is a fiasco. installing p38 in a d1 is a monumental task.
installing p38 interior on a classic none the less daunting should not require such drastic modification, someone installed front p38's on a classic about a year ago, but must admit no one has mentioned the rear.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
354 Posts
different vehicles, the discovery series 1 is narrower on the inside than the classic, even retrofitting classic interior to d1 is a fiasco. installing p38 in a d1 is a monumental task.
installing p38 interior on a classic none the less daunting should not require such drastic modification, someone installed front p38's on a classic about a year ago, but must admit no one has mentioned the rear.
I always thought they were the same width, apparently not.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
100 Posts
That’s strange because the boot floor panels are the same width just a different length between d1 and classic

The shells are about 80% identical, you can see where they welded on a extension to the top of the front inner wings to suit the disco bonnet! The main difference is in the rear wings and back door, the roof gets stepped and there is more steel in the boot side window area on a d1 versus the classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
41 Posts
I've got a project on the go at the minute so I've a near stripped P38, with the rear seats still knocking about - if you want any pictures or measurements so you can work out whether it'll go in or not, just let me know :wink:

cheers,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts