Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my p38 developed a hole in the middle muffler and overheated my EAS air hoses by the chassis and blew both rear and air tank lines. I don't want to add more push to connect 馃槴 I already have about 5 push to connect already to the EAS valve block. So Inwas wondering there's a store in the UK where they sell the exact hose but I dnt know how difficult is to run them from each rear location up to the block and delete all the rear push to connect.

Please help!!!

Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
The hardest part is the fact that the hose has to have a 90 degree bend to it as it enters into the EAS valve box.

The new line you get will not be pre-formed. Either you have to form it or just have it enter the valve box straight and leave a bunch of line in the engine bay so you can have a gentle curve to send the rest of the line where it needs to go without causing a leak at the box.

Other than that, hook one end of the line to the bag, route it on top of the frame rail, hook the other end to the valve box and it鈥檚 done.

Administrator
If you bought 4mm it won't be any good to you, pipes are 6mm. You need Nylon pipe and a couple of people have found it from a US seller. The same stuff is used extensively in the food, pharmaceutical and engineering industry so you need to be looking at a pneumatic equipment supplier.

Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
If you bought 4mm it won't be any good to you, pipes are 6mm. You need Nylon pipe and a couple of people have found it from a US seller. The same stuff is used extensively in the food, pharmaceutical and engineering industry so you need to be looking at a pneumatic equipment supplier.
I thought the lines to the bags were 4mm? The same place has 6mm so I can order again. What is special about nylon?

Administrator
4mm inside diameter, 6mm outside diameter.

Registered
I've used McMaster-Carr in the US for many things (pneumatic lines, random screws and parts etc.) on the advice of my P38's previous owner. Excellent customer service and prices, higher quality than many things from Amazon. Shipping isn't too expensive, especially if you bundle some things. The only downside is they have so much available that you have to be careful when you place the order and check the specs.

Registered
I just replaced the three lines from the block to the rear of the truck. This is what I used...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
K
I just replaced the three lines from the block to the rear of the truck. This is what I used...

What are the requirements you choose ... why it says max working pressure x amount of psi @ 72F? The engine bay its way hotter

Administrator
Hose diameters are normally measured (and sold) as per their ID (Inside Diameter); so these hoses would in fact be 4mm.
Might be where you are but not here or from pneumatic suppliers. Inside diameter is unimportant and will vary with wall thickness but outside diameter says whether they will fit into a push fitting.

This RS PRO Air Hose Blue Nylon 6mm x 30m NMF Series | RS is the type and spec that you need.

Registered
Definitely use high temperature nylon. The hot air in various places with the softer polyurethane tubing melting, especially near the exhausts. (early in my P38 ownership I used some for the pump feed and had it blow while driving)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts