Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I'm a new bember and been having a few problems with my 2000 p38 sport SE rr .
Seems to run ok around town but if you go on motorway it seems to lose revs when you approach a hill then if I pump the throttle a few times it seems to clear until the next hill or moderate slope I should say ?
Also get a problem starting when it's hot and I turn it off and then try to restart it ? It displays gearbox fault and no park indicated but after a few minutes or so when you try again it clears ? It won't Evan turn over at that point ?
Can anyone shine any light on these annoyances ?...oh I'm kev by the way cheers

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi

The gearbox fault message is most of the time your first warning that something is wrong with the voltage of the elctrical system. Check your battery and cables as well as ground points. There is a sticky about electrical trouble shooting do the tests and post the results here.

Regards

Jos

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Exactly what he^ said.

I had a similar issue with the gearbox fault message + refusal to turn over with my '99. It turned out to be the battery AND the terminals. All is good now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks does make sense as drivers window keeps needing resetting ? Will try this today

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi

I had a similar problem. 2001 2.5 Diesel engine Auto

There were two separate electronic gearbox faults.

Stage one was initially cleared electronically via diagnosis which made the gearbox more active but it would still struggle up hills or long inclines

Then a very kind gentleman on Landyzone discovered through his system that the gearbox thought the engine was a petrol and not a diesel......

Once the gearbox and engine were synced up, much much better up hills

My car has had an engine swap which was poorly executed hence the multiple problems, all seem sorted now, but a small gearbox electronic fault may be the answer in your case

1 - 5 of 5 Posts